I’ll be honest, it’s a mystery why anyone would nominate my blog for an award. However, thanks must go to Jack from Pep’s Free from the Kitchen who nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. This is allegedly, and I quote, “an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts whose blogs should captivate, inspire and motivate you.” Thankfully, it’s also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging – that’s much more me. This award was dreamt up by Okoto Enigma – what a fabulous name.
The Rules Of Engagement
Now there’s a whole list of rules I have to follow, here they are:-
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their post about the award
- Tell your reader(s) 3 things about yourself that they may not already know
- Nominate at least 10 other blogs for the award
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice which should include one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post
- Check you’ve fulfilled all of the requirements above – I have!
Three Things About Me
I’m an alumnus of Loughboro’ University, which is where I met my husband of nearly 40 years – where’s the time gone? – and I’m an accountant by training,
Questions for Me
These were posed by Jack
What’s one of your favourite works of literature?
I’ll be honest, I have problems with picking favourites. It’s too difficult to whittle things of such import to just one book, or one record, or one restaurant. But, as you insist, it’ll have to be something that made me laugh out loud. I’m going to pick Manchester United Ruined My Life by Colin Schindler.
Is there any ingredient you’ve struggled with?
No, not really though I generally steer clear of tofu.
What advice would you offer to other bloggers?
Write about things you know and love.
What’s your favourite band?
Please refer to my response to question one! Should I go for Bon Jovi, Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Guns n Roses? Why not all three?
What collective name do you refer to your readers as? (Like my: Dear Readers)
A collective noun implies that there’s more than one reader doesn’t it?
Five Questions for My Nominees
What do you most enjoy about blogging?
What’s your favourite sport and why?
Where in France would you most like to visit and why?
Which meal would you choose for your last supper?
Name five people who you’d like to join you for your last supper?
In no particular order or preference, these are just some of the blogs I enjoy reading:-
Share Your Best Post