I have to thank Yvonne (link to her blog: Nothing but a backpack) for brightening up my day and week with this award. If like me you’re a cycling fan, this picture of a field of sunflowers brings back fond memories of bike racing in France and Spain during the summer where there’s always a scenic shot of the riders whizzing past a field of sunflowers in bloom. If you’re not a cycling fan, then who knows……………….
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions.
- Nominate up to 11 other blogs and ask them 11 new questions.
- Finally, list the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo somewhere in the post.
Here we go….
1. What’s the biggest achievement you have had so far this year?
I had a bit of a health scare that I could have resolved with surgery but I opted for a change in lifestyle which has been transformative.
2. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would it be?
I want to see more of Japan. I was blown away on my first visit in 2007 during cherry blossom time but now want to see it from tip to toe.
3. If social media was non existent tomorrow, could you survive?
I did so before it came along but it is very handy for keeping in touch with everyone.
4. Chocolate or lollies?
Neither, I prefer gummi bears!
5. What’s one moment in your life where you felt everything was perfect?
I’m very fortunate to have had plenty of those moments. In fact, I’m living them right now.
6. What are some of your 2018 goals?
– Spend more time on my bike
– Take up yoga to maintain my flexibility
– Continue to cook and bake more
7. What’s one thing you want to achieve by the end of the year?
Next year I’m making and decorating my first wedding cake. I have no concerns about the cake but I want to have cracked the decoration by year end. I’ll be practicing on all the Xmas cakes I make.
8. What is one thing you can’t live without?
My husband and my bike – yes, I know that’s two!
9. If you had to pick one cuisine to live off for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. Any plans for the end of year celebrations (Christmas/New Year)?
We’re going cross-country skiing in Austria and I’m looking forward to a typical wintery Festive Season after spending the last two in Australia.
11. Any books you would recommend?
Not really because I don’t know what you like. However, I would urge you to pick something you might not necessarily choose to read and surprise yourself.
Here’s just a very small selection of the blogs I enjoy reading:-
Questions for Nominees:
- Describe yourself using just three adjectives?
- Favourite place to travel to and why?
- Facebook or Twitter?
- What would you eat for your last supper?
- What’s on your agenda for 2018?
- Best moments of 2017?
- Favourite sport and why?
- Cats or dogs?
- If you had Aladdin’s lamp what would be your three wishes?
- How will you spend the Festive Season?
- What are you looking forward to in 2018?
And that’s it! Hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Until next time .. have fun.