A big thank you and shout out to Ahmed Alozade, Digital Artist, who kindly nominated me for “The Sunshine Blogger Award.” He said:
You deserve, because of the importance and the beauty of your blog, which diffuses the light like the sun 🙂
Isn’t that charming? It quite made my day.
Answers to Ahmed’s questions:
1. My favourite breakfast?
A cup of strong hot coffee with avocado on toast.
2. Favourite author and why?
I don’t really have one because I read a wide range of books. I have favourite authors for different types of books. But if I had to pick one it would probably be Evelyn Waugh, whose entire catalogue I read while at university.
3. Favourite painter?
Again, I don’t have a particular favourite. But if I had to pick just one it would probably be French Impressionist landscape artist Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot who is allegedly one of the most copied artists.
4. Favourite movie?
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
5. Favourite quote?
I’ve always admired the sharp, rapier-like wit of Dorothy Parker. Of course, many of her famous quotes aren’t politically correct. However, I rather like this one, and it’s so true! “Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.”
6. More interesting concept in your life?
I’m not too sure what Ahmed means by “concept” so I’m going to interpret it as “belief.” I’m conservative with a small “c” so I’m pretty sure that none of my beliefs are particularly interesting. However, I do believe that if you can give someone a helping hand, you should do it.
7. Why did you start blogging?
I started the blog to keep my sponsors up-to-date on my progress towards achievement of a particular objective. Once achieved, I was going to stop blogging but family and friends asked me not to as my blog was a good way of keeping in touch.
8. If you could live at another time in history, when would it be and why?
I have no desire to go back in time. I’m happy living in the here and now.
9. What is your favorite place to visit?
Australia and there’s plenty of posts on my blog about our trips there in 2016 and 2017.
10. Best quality in your partner’s personality?
This one is much easier to answer. My beloved is very kind and considerate.
11. Which famous person do you admire most and why?
The problem with famous people is that you have to rely on what’s been written about them, much of which is anecdotal. I’ve met and gotten to know very few famous people. If I were to pick one it would be Dr Bridie O’Donnell whom I had the pleasure of interviewing a few years ago after she’d set the UCI hour record. A former elite athlete in a number of disciplines, she’s now Head of Office for Women in Sport and Recreation in Victoria, Australia.
My nominees are all blogs which bring sunshine into my life with their stories, poems, photos, artwork and recipes. It was hard to pick just 11!
If you accept the Sunshine Blogger Award, you must answer my eleven questions and name eleven blogs that bring Sunshine into your life and the lives of others.
1. How do you take your coffee?
2. If you have a free couple of hours, what would you do and why?
3. What’s your favourite sport and why?
4. Which team are you supporting in the FIFA World Cup?
5. Which languages do you speak?
6. Where are you planning to visit next?
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. What would be your last meal on this earth?
9. What is your most prized possession and why?
10. What’s your favourite time of year and why?
11. Who would you like to invite to dinner and why?