Well, what a lovely way to kick off 2019 – at the back end of 2018 Dr Tanya kindly nominated me for another Sunshine Blogger Award. Please take the time to check out and follow her blog which has a great name, “Salted Caramel.” Who doesn’t love that? Dr Tanya likes it in brownies and ice cream. That melange of sweet and salty is soooooooooooooo addictive.
Dr Tanya’s lifestyle blog is about continually re-inventing ourselves, change being the only constant, and forwards the best way to go. On her blog she shares her struggles so that you and I can become even better versions of our already awesome selves.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it on one of their own posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
My Responses to Dr Tanya’s Questions:
- Why do you blog? Of course, because you want to. But do you blog as a hobby or to complement a business, or for other reasons?
I blog because I can and it’s purely for pleasure, neither profit nor gain.
- How long have you been blogging and how has your blog been doing in this time?
I’ve been blogging on and off since mid-2009. It started as a way to keep my sponsors for a cycling event apprised of my progress and morphed into firstly a cycling blog and more recently what might be called a Lifestyle one.
- Do you write for yourself or for your readers?
Rather selfishly, I write for myself.
- Has blogging changed you or your life in any way?
Not that I’m consciously aware of but I do enjoy the discipline of writing regularly.
- What kind of blogs do you like to read and follow?
I love reading all sorts of blogs including those about food, wine, travel, fashion, poetry, photography and sport. There’s so much great writing out there in the blogosphere.
- If you were to write a book this year, what would it be called? (This question doesn’t apply to already published authors)?
I’m not going to be writing a book anytime soon, though I have edited a couple – far more enjoyable and much less stressful.
- What is your favourite quote?
Anything by Dorothy Parker, I love her witty ripostes.
- Name a book that has inspired you.
I’m struggling to think of a book that has inspired me. There’s plenty that I’ve enjoyed, I’m a voracious reader, but none that have inspired.
- Share a link to your favourite post/posts.
We’re not going to have enough room to do this here!
- How do your family/friends/pets react to your blogging habit?
My long-suffering husband is supportive, friends overseas find it a useful way of keeping in touch and I don’t have any pets.
- Do you still see yourself blogging in five years?
Yes, providing I’m still in the land of the living!
My 11 Questions:
- How long have you been blogging and what prompted you to start?
- What do you write about on your blog and why?
- Typically, how much time do you spend each week on your blog?
- What prompts you to follow certain blogs?
- Do your family and friends read your blog? And, if so, what feedback (if any) do they give you?
- It’s The Sunshine Blogger Award so how do you spread rays of sunshine on your blog?
- If you could change one thing about blogging, what would it be?
- If you were to impart one pearl of wisdom about blogging, what would it be?
- Who or what, if anything, has influenced your blog?
- What’s the best bit about blogging?
- What’s your idea of “A Perfect Day”?
My 11 Nominees are <cue drum roll>:
Best Indian Food Blog https://bestindianfoodblog.wordpress.com/2018/12/28/nimki/
Matty and Annika https://mattyandannika.life/
Poetry in photographs at https://etiliyle.com/informazioni/
Our Girl in Zurich https://ourgirlinzurich.com/about/
Oh yes they did https://ohyestheydid.ca/2018/12/28/easy-fleece-baby-hat/
Kat at Antiquarius https://antiquarius.org/2018/12/28/yule-ritual/
Kellie’s Food to Glow https://kelliesfoodtoglow.com/
Rachel Hill https://thisisrachelhill.wordpress.com/about/