Awards are like buses. You don’t get any for a while and then two come along together. Neha Kulkarni has most kindly helped me get 2019 off to a great start by bestowing the Real Neat Blog Award. Can 2019 get any better?
Firstly, many thanks to Neha for nominating me for this prestigious award and don’t forget to check out her blog Talk Exchange. It’s a great, positive and inspiring read. Her ambition is to touch a million lives and I’m sure she’ll achieve her objective.
About The Real Neat Blog Award:
Okay so what does this award mean? Well, I looked up “neat” in the dictionary and:-
1. a. Orderly and clean; tidy: a neat office; a neat desk.
1. b. habitually tidy or well-organized: was lucky to have a neat roommate.
2. Marked by ingenuity and skill; adroit: a neat turn of phrase.
3. Not diluted or mixed with other substances: neat whiskey.
4. Left after all deductions; net: neat profit.
5. Slang Wonderful; terrific: That was a neat party.
Okay, I’m going with number 5!
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 5-6 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like.
- Let them know you nominated them.
- Ask 5-10 questions of your nominees.
- Share some of yours which you think were a hit.
Rather than list 10-15 of the amazing (aka real neat) blogs that I follow and regularly read, I’m throwing this open to all the blogs I follow (and who follow me) to accept this award and join in.
My responses to Neha’s questions:
1. Which one thing would you sacrifice if you were supposed to?
Not sure how, where or even why I have to make this sacrifice but it certainly wouldn’t be my better half (my beloved), or cycling, or coffee. I’ve already given up dairy, animal products and all processed foods so I suppose I could sacrifice either coffee or alcohol.
2. What efforts will you take to help the underprivileged?
When I worked in the City of London in my previous role, I worked closely with the Chairman on the company’s social and corporate responsibility programme. Specifically, we sponsored a primary school in a neighbouring and much poorer borough, mentoring the head teaching, helping to raise much needed funds for the school and working with the children on the three Rs. It was great fun and we all benefitted from the process. Since moving to France, I’ve taught English to youngsters, made donations to local charities but haven’t done as much as when I was in London. Maybe it’s something I need to think about more in 2019.
3. What is your favourite food?
Anything fresh and in season, I pretty much like all the foods I can eat but am particularly fond of vegetables.
4. What are your thoughts about life after death?
Not something I’ve particularly thought about if I’m honest. I’ll wait to find out and maybe I’ll get a nice surprise…..
5. Which is the movie that you love the most and would recommend?
There isn’t one. I like lots of movies for plenty of different reasons. But, in general, I love cartoons.
Some of my earlier posts:
I’m going to be mining my back-catalogue of blog posts just because I can!
- 1 April 2009: (not an April Fool’s joke) Show me the Money https://viewfromtheback.com/2009/04/01/show-me-the-money/
- 9 January 2010: Do you want to lick the spoon? https://viewfromtheback.com/2010/01/09/do-you-want-to-lick-the-spoon/
- 25 November 2011: Postcard from Paris https://viewfromtheback.com/2011/11/25/postcard-from-paris/
- 29 September 2012 Very belated Postcard from Limburg 2012 https://viewfromtheback.com/2012/09/29/very-belated-postcard-from-limburg-2012/
- 22 April 2013 Can’t get enough [sporting action] https://viewfromtheback.com/2013/04/22/cant-get-enough/
- 16 November 2014 Let me check [that recipe] https://viewfromtheback.com/2014/11/16/let-me-check/
- 18 November 2015 The next chapter https://viewfromtheback.com/2015/11/18/the-next-chapter/
My questions to those who accept the challenge:
- What one change will you make to your life in 2019 and why?
- Which charities (if any) do you support?
- What keeps you awake at night?
- How have you spent the Festive Season?
- Any good books you’d recommend I read in 2019?
Alternatively, please feel free to join in and answer the questions in the comments section below.
Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and successful 2019!