If someone is kind enough to nominate you for an award you should respond, it’s only polite. Plus, of course, it’s awesome getting awards particularly at my stage of life, or indeed at any stage.
This time my grateful thanks go to the gorgeous Priyanka Nair who around two years ago started her wonderful blog. And, in that short time she’s achieved much – just check out her “About” page. Her writing is inspirational and brings that veritable ray of sunshine into our lives. You just know that this determined lady will go far! If you don’t already follow her blog, you should. You won’t regret it.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you √
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you √
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and ask them 11 new questions √
4. List rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post /or on your blog √
5. Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts √
1. What is your favorite colour and why?
I don’t have a favourite colour. As a child I loved red because my party shoes were red but nowadays I embrace all colours. Though I would say that I’m not overly fond of blue when it comes to decor and don’t like sleeping in predominantly blue bedrooms.
2. Are you eating for survival or are you a gourmand?
I’m most definitely a greedy gourmand as my waist (or lack thereof) will testify. Also check out my recipes on my “The Musette” posts.
3. Black, red or white grapes?
Not a big fan of grapes, though my other half loves them. I prefer grapes once they’ve been turned into wine: one of life’s little miracles.
4. What is your favourite dessert?
This is much easier. It used to be my mother’s home-made lemon meringue pie. However, for health reasons, I’ve had to give up dairy and hence generally give desserts a miss. There are lots of delicious vegan recipes which I’m happy to embrace but they rarely evoke the same memories as my mother’s truly magnificent lemon meringue pie.
5. What is your favorite pasta dish?
My home-made vegan spaghetti bolognaise. On eating it, my two sisters declared that they didn’t realise there was no meat in it – result!
6. Do you eat fresh salads?
I’ve always loved fresh vegetables and salads and eat them daily. I’m not vegan, as I eat fish, but I do now follow a largely plant-based diet and feel so much better for it.
7. Sweet or spicy?
I like a mix of hot, sweet, sour, spicy and salty – umami!
8. If you are a woman: dress or pantsuit? And, if you are a man: suit or casual?
I’m a woman with a wardobe full of trousers, and very few skirts or dresses. Though, when I first started work, it was frowned upon for women to wear trousers – yes, I’m that old!
9. If you are a woman: high heels or flat shoes? And, if you are a man: Oxfords or sneakers?
Give me flat shoes any day! I have some fabulous pairs of heels, and wear them when appropriate, but love the current trend for athleisure with sneakers.
10. Do you like your birthday day?
Again, when you get to my age, birthdays just show that the sands of time are running out. My bithday is three weeks after Christmas, never a great date for a birthday unless, like me, you were a keen sportsperson, since age is always taken on 1 January.
11. And the last one: have you prayed today?
I follow and enjoy a great number of blogs on a very wide range of topics but this time I’ve decided to nominate those that I’ve recently started to follow.
1. How do you bring sunshine into people’s lives?
2. Describe your perfect day
3. How would you keep an energetic 3-year old entertained? Asking for a friend!
4. What’s your favourite meal?
5. Use five adjectives to describe your personal style
6. How do you like to relax?
7. What qualities do you look for in your friends?
8. If money were no object, what would you buy and why?
9. Describe the town where you live and explain why you live there?
10. Use one word to describe how you felt when you read you’d received this award?
11. How would you like to be remembered?
There’s no time limit for your reply but, remembering my great age, please try and make it in my lifetime. I’m looking forward to reading your answers.
A big thanks once again to Priyanka and have a great day.