A huge thanks to Saba Niaz siddique who has kindly brought me some more sunshine by nominating me again for this award. I much enjoy reading the blogs of those from different cultures to my own, I find them so instructive and informative and they help me to view things from another’s perspective which is so important. Indeed the strap line on Saba’s blog, which she only started in March of this year, is as follows:
Get rid of ignorance. Share what we know and search what we don’t know.
Admirable sentiments! Please go and check out her excellent blog, say hi, give her a follow and show some support to a newbie blogger.
Here’s those all-important award rules
1. Show the logo on your blog √
2. Thank the blogger who niminated you √
3. Respond to the 11 questions you were asked √
4. Bestow this honour on other bloggers √
5. Pose said bloggers 11 questions √
Questions posed by Saba
1. Have you had anything date back to your salad days?
Now, I’m not too sure what Saba means by this and my salad days were a long, long time ago.
2. What is your favourite possession?
I’m not big on possessions. Sure, I have lots of stuff but, if the flat was burning down, I’d grab my beloved husband and run. oh, and maybe Teddy (see photo below), we’ve been together for a very long time.
3. Do you like to watch cartoons with kids?
I love cartoons! While I don’t mind watching them with kids, I do find that they constantly chatter over the film, generally to tell you what’s happening next. It’s best to watch them in the privacy of your own home or on a long-haul flight.
4. Dedicate a short paragraph in honour of your country.
I was born in Great Britain but have always considered myself a European, rather than British. Please don’t ask me to explain Brexit as I see it as a cry for help from disadvantaged communities rather than any real comprehension of the complex issues. I’ve spent the last 15 years living and working in France. If Brexit goes ahead, I’ll apply for a French passport. This is my home and I have no wish or desire to return to the UK. I moved to France because I adore the French and their way of life, their culture, beliefs, food and weather. I’ve found paradise on earth and I’d like to stay here.
5. What do you easily give away:-
Would you lend him out? No, he’s way too old.
The answer to this question is none of the above! About the only things I do give away easily are my time and baked goodies.
6. What do you feel when you visit your fellow bloggers but they forget that your blog also exists?
I never give it a moment’s thought. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
7. Does blogging really matter?
I think it depends on why you blog. I blog for my own amusement and it’s an easy way for friends and family around the world to keep up with what we’re doing. If other people read and like my blogs then that’s bunce.
8. Five lessons you’ve learned so far from your life?
- Be true to yourself
- Do unto others as you would have others do unto you
- If you can give someone else a helping hand, do it
- Don’t put off tomorrow stuff you can do today
- Go for it! You never want your epitaph to be “If only!”
9. Have you remembered your time with your teacher(s), would you like to share?
I enjoyed school (and university) but it was a long time ago.
10. Who is more corrupt, leaders or common people, or both?
11. What is sacrifice?
Giving up something you value for the sake of other considerations.
This is my third Sunshine Blogger Award in as many weeks. If you’ve taken the time to read my entire post and have found yourself here – Congratulations, you’ve been nominated.
Here’s my 11 Questions
1. Describe your perfect day and explain what makes it so.
2. If you could invite anyone (dead or alive) to dinner, which 5 people would you invite and why?
3. What would you serve at the dinner in 2 above?
4. What’s your favourite sport and why?
5. If you could solve one of the many problems facing today’s world, what would it be and why?
6. Are you a cat or a dog person?
7. Use 5 adjectives to describe yourself
8. How do you enjoy spending your vacation time?
9. What brings joy into your life?
10. At this stage in your life what’s the most important lesson you’ve learnt?
11. Who are you going to nominate for this award?
Thanks for reading, have a great day and remember:-