Joshua Swanson very kindly nominated me for my maiden Randomness Award. Joshua’s a relative newbie blogger but he’s garnered plenty of awards over the past few weeks so please check out his blog and give him some further support.
Looking at Joshua’s bio below, I rather suspect I’m old enough to be his grandmother and at first glance we don’t appear to have a lot in common. But then isn’t that the beauty of the blogosphere? You get to interact with tons of interesting folk whose path you might not normally cross.
Hi! My name is Joshua Swanson. I’m from Japan. I’m a Christian and I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior! I like reading books, fishing, teaching English, nature, Scrabble®, Risk®, Battleship®, Othello, Checkers, Chess, funny things, Christian music, Classical music, Country music, Latin American music, practicing my guitar, treasure hunting, playing catch and frisbee, exercising, cats, dogs, bears, fish, and other animals, but NOT centipedes. Favorite book: The Holy Bible Other favorite books: The Bell Mountain Series by Lee Duigon; The Remnant Trilogy by Tim Chaffey and K. Marie Adams; The Crown & Covenant Trilogy and The Faith & Freedom Trilogy by Douglas Bond; etc. Favorite food(s): curry rice; taco rice; etc. Favorite place: home.
Now, I wasn’t sure why Joshua thought I was worthy of this award until I checked out the meaning of randomness:-
1. the quality or state of lacking a pattern or principle of organization; unpredictability.
2. informal oddness or eccentricity.
Excellent, I’ve long aspired to be regarded as eccentric!
The Award Rules
1. Thank the person who nominated you. √
2. Answer the questions asked by your nominator. √
3. Nominate 5 people and ask them 10 questions. √
My Nominees for this Award
If you’ve taken the trouble to read this post and you’ve not received an award in the past week or two, please consider yourself awarded and also answer Joshua’s questions which you’ll find below.
1. Do you keep your blog a secret from anyone?
No, it’s public.
2. Have you ever met a famous person?
When I started to give this some thought, I realised I’d met and talked to quite a lot of famous people over the years so here’s a few of them:-
- HRH Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall
- Rafa Nadal
- Paul McCartney
- Geri Horner aka Ginger Spice
- John Malkovich
- Rob Lowe
- Eddie Merckx
- HRH Prince Albert II of Monaco
3. What’s your favorite movie?
The Shawshank Redemption
4. What country do you live in?
France, from choice.
5. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I have two younger sisters who I get to boss around, no brothers but three brothers-in-law.
6. How did you find my blog?
I suspect you probably “liked” one of my posts or comments.
7. Can you play any musical instruments?
Yes, I can play the descant recorder.
8. What is your dream for the future?
More healthy, happy years with my beloved husband – 42 years and counting.
9. How long have you been blogging?
Since 2009 but I had a bit of a hiatus between 2012 and 2015.
10. Are you a funny person?
Thanks once again Joshua for the nomination! It was most kind of you.