Many thanks to Dawn, whose blog Drawing Closer to Christ is full of wisdom, for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award.
Reading her blog, Dawn strikes me as being one of life’s achievers, a real tour de force. She’s a devout Christian, has served her country, graduated college, works as an accountant, published ebooks, raised an adult daughter – she so does not look old enough to have an adult daughter – started her blog, and feels her best is yet to come!
Please visit Dawn’s blog, read what she has to say and give her a follow. You won’t regret it.
1. How would you describe yourself in one sentence?
I’m a happy-go-lucky, positive bundle of energy.
2. What are you most grateful for this moment?
3. What is one of the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
4. If you could only watch one more movie for the rest of your life what would it be?
Tough one as I’m not a big watcher of movies though my favourite is The Shawshank Redemption.
5. What was your favorite childhood meal?
Scampi (Dublin Bay prawns) and chips (French fries) with tartare sauce
6. Sunset or Sunrise?
I love both and am always taking photos from my balcony.
7. What is a food you hate?
Boiled, poached or fried eggs though I love scrambled eggs and omelettes.
8. What is something someone would never guess about you?
I once ran the London Marathon.
9. Do you prefer to write a letter, text someone,call someone, or spend the day with them.
To be honest, it all depends on the “who.” I’m not much of a texter, write letters when it’s appropriate (sympathy, thanks and Xmas), regularly email and call friends many of whom I’d love to spend the day with but they live in another country.
10. What’s your Favorite season?
I love all the seasons, but summer’s probably my favourite. However, since we’ve been experiencing a mini heatwave, I may regret saying that.
11. What do you want to be most remembered for?
Those all important rules:
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
• Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
I know a lot of you don’t like awards but I do. It helps us to better know our blogging community. So I happily nominate anyone who has taken the time read this post and my questions are below if you’d like to join in and spread some of that proverbial sunshine. 🤗❤️
My 11 Questions:
1. How long have you been blogging and what prompted you to start?
2. What do you write about on your blog and why?
3. Typically, how much time do you spend each week on your blog?
4. What prompts you to follow certain blogs?
5. Do your family and friends read your blog? And, if so, what feedback (if any) do they give you?
6. It’s The Sunshine Blogger Award so how do you spread rays of sunshine on your blog?
7. If you could change one thing about blogging, what would it be?
8. If you were to impart one pearl of wisdom about blogging, what would it be?
9. Who or what, if anything, has influenced your blog?
10. What’s the best bit about blogging?
11. What’s your idea of “A Perfect Day”?