I’d just like to say a big thank you to James K Connor @ Food = Life, a newbie blogger, for nominating me for the Special Blogger award, it’s most kind of him. James and I share a love of food and his blog is where
You’ll find things you love about eating, visiting and most of all about food!
Check out his blog, leave a few words of encouragement, better still follow him.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the questions you are asked (providing you’re comfortable doing so!)
3. Create 10 questions for the bloggers you’ve nominated
4. Nominate at least 3 bloggers for the Special Blogger Award
5. Comment on your nominees most recent blog post to let them know you’ve nominated them
6. Above all, have fun!
My Responses to James’s Questions:
1. What made you take the leap of faith and start a blog?
I started it as a way to keep family and friends updated on my training progress for a particular cycling challenge for which they’d kindly sponsored me. It’s now morphed into one where I write about my interests and travels, or indeed anything I fancy!
2. Are you aiming to progress your blog into a full-time job or keep it as a hobby?
Strictly a hobby! I already have a full-time job looking after my husband.
3. What are your favourite kind of blog posts to read?
I don’t have favourites, more a broad range of interests and a keen interest to keep learning about all sorts of stuff.
4. What are your favourite kind of blog posts to write?
Probably those about my travels.
5. Do you feel your blogging experience has impacted you positively?
Hard to say but I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t enjoy it.
6. Are the people in your life (outside of the blogging community) supportive of your blog?
Yes, friends from around the world find it useful to keep in touch with what we’re doing.
7. What advice would you give to fellow bloggers who are just starting out?
Write from the heart, write about what you know.
8. If you could go back to when you first began your blog, what piece of advice would you give yourself?
9. What is your top tip for growing a blog?
Don’t really have any tips, top or otherwise though you’ll find plenty in the blogosphere.
10. How many blog posts do you post a week? Do you try to stick to a schedule or just post when you feel like it?
I’m a control freak, of course I have a schedule. Nowadays, I aim to post at least 5 times per week. Some of these posts will be photos others will be much longer narratives, though I try not to stray over 750 words.
Like James, I’m going to use the same questions largely because they’re all about blogging.
My nominees for the Special Blogger Award:
If you’ve bothered to read this far, thank you. I’ve nominated you because I always enjoy reading your content and/or looking at your photographs. Please answer the above questions about your blog at your leisure.
Thank you for your time and have a super duper day!
Sheree 😎 😎 😎