Two Liebster Awards in a week! Woman of mystery and newbie blogger Dragon Warrior 07987 who posts on the wonderfully named Den of Dreams kindly made the award. According to her site, she’s a day-dreamer who loves to read, write, draw and dwell in her magical world called Cygnet. I can certainly attest to her skill at drawing as her posts are illustrated with her charming pictures. She also weaves a mean tale. Do check out her blog and give her a follow.
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the blogger asked you.
4. Nominate 11 lucky bloggers and make them happy.
5. Ask your nominees 11 further questions.
6. Notify your 11 nominees.
1. I’m a keen cyclist, easily the toughest sport I’ve tried, and a keen fan of cycling. Many of my travels are worked around the season’s major races, particularly the three Grand Tours.
2. In theory I have retired but I could well be the busiest retiree you’ve ever met.
4. I do not act my age, ever!
5. I love cooking and my friends, particularly the French ones, joke that I have a Michelin star – if only!
6. I am useless at handicrafts but one of these days…………….
7. I love animals but don’t have any pets.
8. I like children but (from choice) don’t have any of my own. Instead I borrow those of friends.
9. I love planning our trips almost as much as the trip itself.
10. I’m married to a man who my family call “The Man who just Turns Up!”
11. I cannot dance.
1. How can you describe creativity?
Creativity is the capability or act of conceiving something original or unusual.
2. What brings you most smiles?
3. What is your favourite type of blog post?
I don’t have a favourite. I like lots of different ones.
4. If you could get into any fictional place, where would it be?
There’s too many places I still want to visit without worrying about fictional ones. However I’d love to visit The Barefoot Contessa’s house and garden in The Hamptons.
5. Favourite fictional character?
I don’t have one.
6. The story you always wanted to write?
I don’t write fiction. If I were to write a book it would be a cookery one.
7. Something you wish people knew about you?
After two Liebster awards I must now be an open book.
8. Do you keep notebooks? Or journal or diary?
No, though I do jot stuff down on my iPad: shopping lists, packing lists, “to do” lists, ideas for blog posts…..
9. Favourite holiday destination?
The Basque Country which spans the Atlantic coasts of both northern Spain and SW France. You’ll find loads of posts on my blog about our trips there.
10. Types of creativity you prefer? Origami? Arts? Writing?
I would never describe myself as a “creative” type. I channel any creativity I possess into writing, photography, interior decorating and cooking.
11. Do you watch cricket? If yes, favourite player?
Yes, I do enjoy watching cricket. I’m a great admirer of Indian player Virat Kohli, plus West Indian Chris Gayle.
If you’ve managed to read this far, consider yourself nominated and please answer the questions below.
1. If you had the ability to solve one of the world’s many issues (eg climate change, inequality, corruption, poverty,…..) which one would you choose and why?
2. You can invite five people to dinner (fictional, dead or living) who would you choose and why?
3. What are you going to serve to eat and drink at this dinner?
4. You’ve been gifted a plot of land on which you can grow vegetables and herbs. What would you grow and why?
5. Have you ever visited a place just because someone wrote about it on their blog. If so, where was that place?
6. You have the chance to live someone else’s life for a year. Who would you like to be and why?
Yeah, I know that’s only 6 questions, not 11, but what can I say, I’m a bit of a rebel!
Thank you for reading my post and celebrating this award with me.
Have a great day