I was kindly nominated for 5 Liebster Awards in just over a week consequently here’s my quintuple amalgamation. Please forgive me.
I was lucky to be chosen by the following fantastic bloggers:-
1. Stuart who blogs about life, love marriage and…sex over at Something to Stu Over
2. Joshua who blogs about his brliefs over at Joshua’s Blog
3. Young woman of mystery Dragon Warrior who used to blog and draw on the wonderfully named Den of Dreams.
4. Another young woman of mystery, Tatterhood who muses over at Tatterhood.
5. Steve who blogs, along with his cat Muffin, at Steve’s Country.
Each of these bloggers writes wonderfully well, with beautifully illustrated (photos and/or drawings) posts and has an interesting point of view. Do go and check out their blogs and, if you don’t already, please give them a follow.
Hold onto your hats, this is a long, really long post. In fact you may need a cup of tea or coffee, and cake, to help it go down!
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Share some facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the blogger(s) asked you.
4. Nominate some more lucky bloggers and make their day.
5. Ask your nominees further questions.
11 Facts about myself:
Honestly, after all these awards I must now be an open book and I’m scrabbling around to tell you something I’ve not already mentioned. How about:
It’s my proud boast that I’ve never gotten a tattoo, changed a nappy, been on a hen-do, played any video games or watched any of the Star Wars or Harry Potter movies!
1. What is your favourite love song and why?
I don’t really do favourites of anything. But if I had to pick something it would be Memory by Barbra Streisand.
2. Do you feel that love goes much deeper than what the world is teaching our children?
I wouldn’t know and it’s difficult to comment because I don’t have any children.
3. Are you currently blogging about what you feel your calling is?
I blog about what takes my fancy because I can. My calling quite clearly is to make life as easy as possible for my husband. I tell him when he dies and goes to heaven, he’ll be sorely disappointed.
4. How would you describe God?
A comfort blanket, and I mean that in a good way.
5. Growing up what was your favourite game to play?
Football, cricket, table tennis or tennis with my Dad.
6. Did you feel like a loner in school or were you one who fit in with everyone?
Neither! I was a leader, never a follower.
7. Do you read the Bible or do you study the Bible?
8. How much time do you spend in prayer? I know that may seem personal, it’s just I don’t even feel as if I spend enough time praying.
No time at all.
9. What is your favorite dessert?
It used to be my mother’s home-made lemon meringue pie but now I can’t eat dairy I don’t have a favourite.
10. Are you a get in and get out shopper or are you one that has to look at everything?
Depends why I’m shopping. If it’s for food, I love looking round the market (in France) before deciding what to buy. Anything else, I do my research beforehand, buy what I want (preferably on line), otherwise I get home asap.
11. Do you prefer a crowd of people or alone time?
I hate crowds but it’s nice being with a group of friends from time to time. Generally I don’t enjoy group activities, it’s with my husband or on my own.
1. What is your favourite sport?
I love riding my bike and watching bike races.
2. What is your favourite drink?
Again, it depends on the time of day and year. But in view of 4 below, let’s say champagne.
3. Who do look like the most: your mother, or your father?
Like most kids I’m a mixture of both.
4. What’s your favourite hot drink?
5. Which do you prefer: summer or winter?
I love sunshine so prefer the summer that said it’s hard to better the combination of crisp white snow and sunshine.
6. If you had a favorite teddy bear or doll, what was its name?
Edward Bear – not very original.
7. Do you have a LEGO set?
No but the young son of friends sometimes allows me to play with his fabulous collection of LEGO.
8. Do you have faith in GOD?
I don’t believe in GOD.
9. Do you enjoy reading?
Yes, it’s a great way of relaxing.
10. Do you want to write a book (or books) someday?
No but if I did it would be a cookery book.
11. What is your favourite 8-letter word?
Dragon Warrior’s Questions:
1. Who is your favourite fictional character?
I don’t have one.
2. Who is your idol?
My late father.
3. Favourite holiday spot?
San Sebastian in Spain.
4. What do you like best about yourself?
5. If you can live anywhere in the universe what would it be?
Right where I’m currently living, the French Riviera.
6. Favourite time of the day?
Dawn and dusk.
7. Do you prefer writing in paper or typed in computer?
Depends what I’m doing.
8. Your favourite blogger?
I don’t do favourites.I follow a large number of great bloggers who write and take photos of a diverse range of subjects which I find hugely instructive and of great interest.
9. Three things for a deserted island?
My husband, WiFi and my iPad.
10. Dream dish?
Freshly broiled lobster.
11. One wish to come true?
Equal opportunities for all.
Tatterhood’s This or That Questions
1. Strawberries or Raspberries
I like them both equally, but if I have to choose then it’s strawberries
2. Chocolate or Sweets
I don’t eat much of either, but as I like Haribo’s Gummy Bears, I’ll say sweets.
3. Horror or Romance
It’ll have to be romance, I don’t like horror anything. Still traumatised from watching Jaws.
4. Cinema or Netflix
Cinema (OLd School).
5. Early Mornings or Late Nights
I like both but I’ll plump for early mornings.
5. Book or Kindle
Book every time.
6. Dragons or Unicorns
7. AC/DC or Whitesnake
8. Cream then Jam or Jam then Cream
Jam only, I can’t eat dairy.
9. Tea or Coffee
Coffee only before 15:00, then I like a cup of Marco Polo tea from Mariage Freres
10. Pokemon or Digimon
Sorry but I’ve never played either of these
1. Do you enjoy reading?
Sure, it’s a great way to relax.
2. Do you watch more than 2 hours of TV a day?
Only during major sporting events such as Olympics, World Cup, Tour de France, Giro d’Ialia etc
3. If you had to move to a different country, which would it be?
I’ve already moved to France but could quite happily live in Spain, southern Germany, Austria or Italy.
4. Do you enjoy travelling?
Yes, do you not read my blog?
5. What is your favourite food?
I don’t really have one, but let’s say lobster.
6. Do you like coffee?
7. Do you spend time outdoors each day?
8. How much time outdoors?
On average, 2-4 hours/day
9. Do you exercise regularly?
9. Would you enjoy living in a place that had long winters, with at least 5 months of snow on the ground and temps reaching -30C?
No, I would not.
10. Why do you follow my blog? (I needed one tough question)
In a word, Muffin!
First of all congratulations, you deserve an award, or indeed several awards, for wading through all those questions and answers. If you’re still awake and you fancy taking part, go ahead, be my guest.
Questions for my nominees:
1. If you had the ability to solve one of the world’s many issues (eg climate change, inequality, an ism, corruption, poverty,…..) which one would you choose and why?
2. You can invite five people to dinner (fictional, dead or living) who would you choose and why?
3. What are you going to serve to eat and drink at this dinner?
4. You’ve been gifted a plot of land on which you can grow vegetables and herbs. What would you grow and why?
5. Have you ever visited a place just because someone wrote about it on their blog. If so, where was that place?
6. You have the chance to live someone else’s life for a year. Who would you like to be and why?
Yeah, I know that’s only 6 questions, not 11, but what can I say, I’m a bit of a rebel!
Thank you for reading my post and celebrating this award with me.
Have a great day