I’ll be honest, it’s a mystery why anyone would nominate my blog for an award. However, thanks must go once again to Dragon Warrior who only blogged for a couple of months over at The Den of Dreams. She very kindly nominated me for my second Mystery Blogger Award. I do hope her exams went well and, more importantly, a certain someone has replied to her message!
Then, a few days later Lydia gave me a third one! She blogs over at Lydia’s blog and, like me, loves cooking. The third of seven siblings, Lydia plays guitar and piano, helps in children’s ministries, and loves serving God.
This is allegedly, and I quote, “an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts whose blogs should captivate, inspire and motivate you.” Thankfully, it’s also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging – that’s much more me. This award was dreamt up by Okoto Enigma – what a fabulous name.
Now there’s a whole list of rules I have to follow, here they are:-
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their post about the award
5. Tell your reader(s) 3 things about yourself that they may not already know
6. Nominate at least 10 other blogs for the award
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
8. Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice which should include one weird or funny question
9. Share a link to your best post
10. Check you’ve fulfilled all of the requirements above – I have!
I’m an alumnus of Loughboro’ University, which is where I met my husband of over 40 years – where’s the time gone? – and I’m a chartered accountant by training.
1. 3 pet peeves?
Only 3? Okay, here goes: disrespect, most -isms (such as racism, sexism…….) and my beloved constantly failing to put things back from whence they came.
2. Something nobody should ask you?
How old are you?
3. Something really crazy about you?
There’s nothing really crazy about me, either now or in the past.
4. If the world would end and you were to take ONE thing with you, what would it be?
5. The most mysterious incident that happened to you?
I’ve wracked my (still) excellent memory but I cannot recall any mysterious incident ever!
1. What is your favorite grocery store?
I prefer food shopping in my local markets to shops, but my favourite grocery store is the closest one.
2. Do you enjoy shopping more for clothes or food?
3. What are you looking forward to the most next year?
My beloved’s retirement and I never thought I would say that.
4. Why do you blog?
Because I can!
5. Which do you dislike more: cockroaches or spiders?
It seems to have been raining awards recently in my part of the blogosphere and, while I think it’s a great way to get to know one another, I appreciate that many of you are suffering from award fatigue. So, here’s the deal, if you’ve recently started blogging or you feel you’ve not received your fair share of awards, and perchance you’ve read this post, please consider yourself honoured with this Mystery Blogger Award.
1. What do you most enjoy about blogging and why?
2. What’s your favourite sport (participation or watching) and why?
3. Where in France would you most like to visit and why?
4. Which meal would you choose for your last supper?
5. Name five people whom you’d like to join you for your last supper and explain why you chose them?
I have no idea, you tell me!
Thank you for your time and attention. Have a great day!