Awards are like buses. You don’t get any for a while and then, all of a sudden, it’s raining awards. So I’ve decided to pace myself and ration them out a bit.
Back in July, Thinking Moon most kindly bestowed on me the Real Neat Blog Award. Firstly, many thanks to Thinking Moon for nominating me for this prestigious award and don’t forget to check out her blog. It’s full of all sorts of interesting things which is what you’d expect from someone who claims she has loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night. Plus, she has more lipsticks than I’ve had hot dinners!
About The Real Neat Blog Award:
Okay so what does this award mean? Well, I looked up “neat” in the dictionary and:-
1. a. Orderly and clean; tidy: a neat office; a neat desk.
1. b. habitually tidy or well-organized: was lucky to have a neat roommate.
2. Marked by ingenuity and skill; adroit: a neat turn of phrase.
3. Not diluted or mixed with other substances: neat whiskey.
4. Left after all deductions; net: neat profit.
5. Slang Wonderful; terrific: That was a neat party.
Okay, I’m going with number 5!
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the questions posed by the person who nominated you.
- Thank whoever nominated you, linking to their blog.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like.
- Let them know you nominated them.
- Ask some questions of your nominees.
Rather than list 10-15 of the amazing (aka real neat) blogs that I follow and regularly read, I’m throwing this open to all the blogs I follow (and who follow me) to accept this award and join in.
My responses to Thinking Moon’s questions:
1. If you won a Grammy for any genre of music, what would it be?
Well, I’d naturally win all four in the “general” field. In fact following in Adele’s footsteps, Sheree would win Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year and, of course, Best New Artist!
2. Who is your favourite villain(s) from any universe?
I’m not sure I have a favourite villain. However, since I was born in the Midlands I’ll choose Tommy Selby from Peaky Blinders, a British television series primarily set in Birmingham in the aftermath of WWI.
3. What was your all-time favourite Halloween costume or cosplay you’ve done? Pictures, please!
It’s been awhile since I dressed up, and never for Halloween. Luckily there is no photographic evidence of when aged ten my mother made me a costume out of crepe paper, I was a playing card.
4. What’s the weirdest trend you’ve ever actually partaken in?
My dear, I set trends. I do not and never have partaken in trends! That sounds like something Dorothy Parker might have said, doesn’t it?
5. What Movie / Play / Game soundtrack is your favourite?
I’m a bit of a fan of Hugh Jackman (British understatement), and have had the pleasure of meeting and chatting to him in a gym in London. So I’ll pick the soundtrack of The Greatest Showman which I saw last year with my beloved.
6. What was the best thing, before sliced bread?!
How old do you think I am? You do know the first automatically sliced commercial loaves were produced on 6th July, 1928, in Chillicothe, Missouri, using a machine invented by Otto Rohwedder, an Iowa-born, Missouri-based jeweller. Lots of good things were invented before 1928 but I’m picking the bicycle, my weapon of choice.
7. What is your favourite inspirational quote?
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” ~ Maya Angelou
Here’s a great yardstick for life, not the number of years that we rack up but the number of times we have those moments of awe that make life worth living. I’m always looking for moments that take my breath away, because that’s what I’m here for, to experience joy and awe and all of the good things that life has to offer.
My questions to those who accept the challenge:
- What one change will you make to your life in 2020 and why?
- Which charities (if any) do you support?
- What keeps you awake at night?
- What did you do this summer?
- Any good books you’d recommend I read?
Alternatively, please feel free to join in and answer the questions in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading this and have a great day