I’m still catching up with my award backlog. You’ll be pleased to learn that this surfeit of awards has not gone to my head. Oh no, I realise I get these awards because I (eventually) do take part. This one has jumped the queue because of its seasonal questions.
Back in December I was kindly nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Tatterhood, she muses over at her blog of the same name. I was also pleased to be nominated by Stuart, who shares his love for God and his two gorgeous children over on his blog. Lastly by Ola, over at dairy free indulgence, who shares some incredible recipes with us.
Please go and check out their blogs and give them a follow. Spread some much needed sunshine this winter!
You should know how this works by now! As a reward for reading this very lengthy post, consider yourself nominated. Go forth and answer any of the 11 questions below, or all 33 if you feel so inclined.
1. Is there any point to Algebra?
This is a rhetorical question? Algebra is the study of mathematical symbols and the rules for manipulating these symbols. It’s the unifying thread of almost all of mathematics, including everything from elementary equation solving to the study of abstractions. Or to put it another way Algebra = ∑²×s/n÷‰
2. Colour or Color?
3. Should Henry Cavill be the next James Bond?
I had to look up Henry Cavill, I confess I’d never heard of him but anyone who’s played Superman possesses the qualities to be 007.
4. Which fictional world would you like to dwell in?
I wouldn’t like to live in a fictional world as that would make me a ficticional character.
5. Favorite comedy double act?
Hands down Morecombe & Wise whom I had the pleasure of meeting many years ago at The Albany Hotel in Birmingham when they were in panto at the nearby theatre.
6. Have you ever been in a Helicopter?
No, but I wouldn’t rule it out even though I don’t like heights.
7. Are you superstitious?
No! However I do believe what goes around comes around.
8. Have you ever been to a Fortune Teller?
9. Do you believe in Soulmates?
Yes, I’m married to mine.
10. Favourite screen villain?
I don’t have one! Not really into villains.
11. Just what Is Stoicism?
the endurance of pain or hardship without the display of feelings and without complaint.
an ancient Greek school of philosophy founded at Athens by Zeno of Citium. The school taught that virtue, the highest good, is based on knowledge; the wise live in harmony with the divine Reason (also identified with Fate and Providence) that governs nature, and are indifferent to the vicissitudes of fortune and to pleasure and pain.
1. What is your most treasured Christmas memory?
When I was almost five years old, finding my red two-wheeler in the park where Santa had left it for me on Christmas Day.
2. As a child, would you stay awake to the wee hours hoping to catch a glimpse of “Santa”?
No, I have always slept like the dead. So, I’d easily fall asleep and be up at the crack of dawn.
3. Did you have a favourite Christmas gift?
See 1 above
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
5. How do you divide your time between families during Christmas Eve and Christmas day?
We don’t! We generally spend Christmas together, just my beloved husband and me.
6. If your children are grown, do you have a special memory from their Christmases as a child?
We don’t have any children.
7. What is the most outlandish gift you have bought for someone?
I don’t buy outlandish presents.
8. Where do/did you hide all those presents?
I don’t hide presents. Once bought I give them to the recipent.
9. Do you decorate your tree with homemade items that have memories attached to them?
No! You should know that I don’t get sentimental about any thing, only people (see photo below).
10. Are you a real or artificial tree person?
Artificial! I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t bother with a tree or decorations but my beloved husband loves them. He puts them up at the start of December and then takes them down after Epiphany.
11. And lastly, the most important question I can ever ask. Do you know that Christmas is not about the overspending on gifts and hectic race to have the newest thing on the market but about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, who left glory to be born of human flesh and die for your sins?
Yes! I don’t overspend on gifts. In fact, I don’t buy any Christmas gifts.
1.What helps you stay balanced and grounded through challenges?
I’m a very pragmatic person, much given to thorough planning and preparation, which means I can more easily surmount challenges.
2. Who inspires you?
My late parents
3. If you didn’t have to make money, what would you do for work?
I’m now retired and can do as I please. I still work but largely on things that I really enjoy.
4.What inspires you as a blogger/artist/writer?
Life in general
5. If you won the lottery what would you do?
Well, it would depend on how much I won, but I’d like to some spread sunshine on those less fortunate than myself. Oh, and given my beloved’s propensity to lose stuff, I never let him buy a lottery ticket.
6. If today was your last day, what would you do?
Sit on the balcony with my beloved husband, hold his hand, sip champagne and watch the view.
7. What do you like most about blogging, what do you wish was different?
That’s two questions! I like blogging because I can. Sometimes I wish my stuff were easier to find.
8.What’s your fave Christmas activity?
9.What’s your favorite/most meaningful quote or life lesson?
In other words, treat people as you’d like to be treated.
10. What empowers you?
11. What’s your favourite memory/memories?
I have an excellent memory and can remember much from my childhood. As the eldest daughter of three I did a lot with my late father and those are some of my favourite ones, particularly when we watched live sport together. Yes, I’m a Daddy’s girl!
Award Rules which I routinely flout
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.