I’m still playing catch up up and once again I’ve amalgamated a few awards, you’ll understand why in a moment.
I was nominated back in September <hangs head in shame> by the following fabulous bloggers whom you should all be following!
Behind every strong woman; are all the other women that came before!
See, I know I don’t always participate in these awards on a timely basis but I do eventually get around to them. 😉
1. If you could choose anyone in the world to lead your country, who would it be?
I’ll be honest, I’m more than happy with Monsieur Macron!
2. If you could go back to school to study any subject of your choice and not have to worry about finances, what would it be?
Probably Art History or Modern Languages
3. What is one thing that you’ve never eaten that you’d like to try?
I wanted to try jackfruit and Moreton Bay Bugs but I did that when we were in Australia
4. What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
5. If you could have a romantic getaway with one person for a weekend, (imagine you’re single, celebrities allowed) who would it be?
I’ve been giving this one rather a lot of thought. I tend to tease my beloved husband by saying: “I haven’t yet met the man I’d swap him for, though I’m still looking.” If truth be told, I’m only window shopping. There’s no one else I’d rather enjoy a romantic getaway with than my beloved husband of 42 years!
6. What was the darkest movie or novel that you’ve ever fallen in love with?
I don’t like dark movies or novels. Remember you’re talking about a woman who was traumatised by Jaws and finds Dr Who and Harry Potter scary!
7. Do you like zombie movies?
8. Would you ever consider being one of the first humans to go to Mars knowing that you could never return to Earth?
9. Would you rather the beach or a mountain top?
A beach every time
10. Who inspired you the most in the world?
My late parents
11. What is one of your favorite quotes?
Anything by Dorothy Parker
Jessica apologised for being (and I quote)
……………………..such a cute parasite (feeling shameless right now 😂 ) but I’ll be “borrowing” most of Mathew’s questions because they are great.
So I just answered the three questions which were different from Mathew’s
1. If your life was a novel, what would the title be?
2. What’s your dream date?
A night out with my beloved husband.
3. Most Memorable Birthday?
I’m still waiting for that one!
Gifted 50’s Questions
1. What time of day you consider your most creative?
I’m not sure I have one. Maybe after I come back from my ride.
2. Who/what encouraged your love for writing?
No one really.
3. Have you ever regretted posting something on your blog, and if so why?
No, because I always bear in mind that it could be read by anyone!
4. What is the best advice you have received and from whom?
I’ve been very fortunate to have plenty of mentors during my career but probably the best advice was always from my Dad. Now, when I’m in a tricky situation, I ask myself: “What would Dad do?”
5. Name your most defining quality.
6. What is your favourite meal and why?
Steamed lobster. I don’t think that needs any explanation, do you?
7. What advice would you give yourself 20 years from now?
I fully intend to be around for another 20 years but my advice would be to remain physically and mentally active.
8. Who/what is the most influential force in your life?
After my late parents that would be my beloved husband.
9. If you could travel the universe, where would you go?
If you read my blog regularly, you might say I’ve done that already! I do, of course, have a bucket list but many of them are re-visits.
10. What do you think of our world today?
How long have you got? Lets just say I’m fearful and leave it at that.
11. Have you ever had a divine encounter, if so tell us a little more about it.
Congratulations for having made it this far! Your reward is to answer any 11 of the questions posed above, either in the comments section below or in a post on your own blog. Go on, spread a little sunshine, you know you want to!
Hope you’re having a great week-end