These two awards have a medical link. I have been prescribed the Sunshine Blogger Award by Dr Martha Castro. She’s a Medical Doctor and General Surgeon who has practised world class medical quality care for over 30 years. I’d be wise to heed her advice. Furthermore, I was nominated by the team over at Francochuksblog who advocate “Better Health, Better Life.” You can’t argue against that!who blogs over at
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Blogosphere community holds several awards that bloggers use to nominate a blog in appreciation for its creative, inspiring, or motivational content. The award also helps other blogger receive recognition and free exposure for their blogs.
Award’s Rules (which I routinely flout)
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so everyone can visit.
2. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog post.
5. List the rules and display the Award logo on your blog post.
Come on, you know how this works. If you’ve read this far consider yourself nominated. Just join in!
Dr Martha’s questions
1. How old is your blog?
It’s been around the block a bit and will shortly have its 11th birthday! It’s positively geriatric, a bit like me.
2. Why do you like blogging?
I suppose because I can!
3, Do you like interacting with your followers in the comments section?
I do indeed enjoy a spot of daily banter.
4. Do you prefer blogging than social media?
I must do as I’m not a particularly frequent poster on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
5. Do you like being nominated for blogging awards?
Of course, who doesn’t love recognition?
6. Do you plan on blogging for a long time?
7. What is the best accomplishment or satisfaction you have had through your blogging?
Someone finding the information on my blog useful.
8. Have you ever blogged about very controversial topics?
No, that’s not the purpose of my blog. I seek to amuse rather than stir up a hornet’s nest.
9. As a blogger, do you think that there should be more bloggers than Facebook addicts?
I don’t really pay much heed to statistics and have no idea whether one has a larger following than the other.
10. Do you like html and have you created a code of your own?
Blimey, don’t start getting all technical on me.
11. What do you think about live blogging, video, podcast?
All great ideas just not for me.
Francochucks’ Questions (where they differ from Dr Martha’s)
1. How important do you think Social Media is for the success of a blog?
Well this, of course, depends on how you define success! If I used social media to promote my blog, I might create greater awareness, but I don’t.
2. How would you define a successful blog? In other words, what do think a successful blog looks like?
One where its owner is happy with what the blog has achieved.
3. Describe your feelings when you received your first blogging award nomination.
Amazed that anyone thought my blog worthy of an award. Now I appreciate I tend to get nominated because I (eventually) respond to the nomination.
4. Have you ever thought about monetizing your blog ?
5. If so, what do you think is the best method of monetizing?
To be honest I have no idea. You tell me!
6. What kind of post do you find easiest or most enjoyable to write?
Travel-related and pictorial ones.
7. What do you think is best, long or short posts?
I think it depends on the subject matter but I do generally subscribe to the theory that less is more.
8. Funny/Weird Question: What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
Frogs legs – never again!
9. What is your favourite way to unwind after a hectic day?
Chillin’ with my beloved husband.