Friday Photo Challenge – art unexpected
I enjoy these weekly challenges because it forces me to think about what’s in my photo archives and how I might re-purpose them. Unlike Sandy, this week’s host, I do enjoy wandering around art galleries and museums though I confess I prefer having them to myself rather than sharing them with all and sundry. So much easier to see and appreciate the works.
This week Sandy’s encouraging us to explore the art all around us, such of which may be unexpected or only in our mind’s eye.
The first two photos feature art I enjoy on a daily basis, amazing sunrises and sunsets.
The beauty and enjoyment on a sunny winter’s day down by the beach.
Lovely patterned tiled plaques which adorn the walls in the Souk part of the Dubai Mall.
A veritable work of art made from local citrus fruit at this year’s Fete du Citron in Menton.
I love finding artwork on buildings in unexpected places. Brussels has a number of works dedicted to that well-known and well-loved Belgian Tin Tin. This one is of the Thomson Twins.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, why not join in the fun?
How to join the Friendly Friday Photo Challenge hosted on alternate weeks by Amanda and Sandy:-
- Publish a new ‘Friendly Friday,’ post including a URL link to the host’s post, tagging the post, ‘Friendly Friday’ Add the Photo Challenge logo, too, if you wish.
- Include a ‘Friendly Friday’ ping-back in your post, so others can find your entry.
- Copy the published url into the comments of the host’s post, so other readers can visit your blog.
- Visit other Friendly Friday entries by following the links. It’s fun!
- Follow the host blogs to see future prompts.
Please note you only have a week to contribute to the Friendly Friday Photo challenges.