The lovely, bubbly Carol Anne over at Therapy Bits most kindly nominated for another Liebster award. Pop on over and check out her site which features all manner of things including pictures of her gorgeous dog Nitro. Don’t forget to show your support and give her a follow!
First, let’s get those pesky rules out of the way! Like I’m going to take much notice of them.
Award Rules and Nominees
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!
5. Make up to 11 questions and ask to your nominees.
6. Notify your 11 nominees.
You want to take part? Great, please consider yourself nominated!
11 facts about me
This isn’t as easy as you might think, I’m pretty much scraping the barrel to find new things to say.
1. I’m a coffee drinker but I love a cup of black or green tea mid-afternoon, preferably Marco Polo by Mariage Frères. You will not find what my two sisters call “proper” tea in my cupboards.
2. I love living close to the sea, I find looking at water really relaxing.
3. I’m pretty much always happy and smiling.
4. I’m not supposed to eat dairy, soy or animal products though fish is okay. Unfortunately, my digestive system can no longer cope with them!
5. I sleep like the dead, hardly anything disturbs me which is fortunate given how loudly my beloved snores.
6. I find it hard to pick a favourite as it’s too definitive. I prefer favourites for occasions, such as my favourite restaurant for a celebratory meal.
7. I’ve always enjoyed eating out in restaurants.
8. I don’t like my eggs boiled, poached or fried – never have!
9. I hate fish overcooked. In fact, come to think of it, I hate anything overcooked.
10. I adore pickles and enjoy pickling.
11. My beloved likes my orange marmalade so much that I’m not allowed to gift jars of it to anyone else!
Carol Anne’s Questions
1. Can you swim?
Yes, I can. I’m not a fast swimmer but I’m a strong swimmer. My beloved is a great swimmer. He was captain of the university swimming and water polo team when I met him.
2. Pepsi or coke?
Neither as both are bad for my teeth. If you’re fond of acid drinks like these or indeed fruit juices, help resist acid attacks with this fabulous toothpaste. It cured my sensitivity.
3. Snail mail or email?
To be honest, it depends on the nature of my missive.
4. Do you enjoy travelling?
Is the Pope a Catholic? Of course I love travelling, I always have.
5. Snow or rain?
Snow because you can at least ski on it.
6 What is one of your favourite quotes?
Anything by Dorothy Parker
7. Are you a glass half full or glass half empty sorta person?
8. What is your favourite flower?
This one’s easier, it’s a Hydrangea though I also love peonies.
9. If you could give your younger self some advice what would you say?
I had what might be called an old head on young shoulders so I’m not sure I need to give my younger self some advice.
10. If you had one superpower what would it be?
Eat anything I liked without putting on weight. Of course, I’d need that power to look kick-arsetastic in the outfit.
11. Favourite book?
My favourite books are cookery books but I guess what you’re really wanting is my favourite book by my favourite author. See what I mean, it’s really difficult picking a favourite book. It’s easier to say anything from one of my favourite authors such as Magaret Attwood, Evelyn Waugh, Kazuo Ishiguro or Gabriel García Márquez.
Thanks again for nominating me Carol Anne, it’s always fun doing these awards. Oh, and give Nitro a big hug from me.