I have been most fortunate to again be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, on this occasion by:-
Rising Star who’s a motivational speaker among other things. I think you’ll find his website a great source of inspiration. Head on over there for a moral boost.
Tilly over at 40’fore Forty who talks about her life-changing journey trying to be kinder to herself. We could all learn something from Tilly, so please check out her blog.
Riya Gupta at World of My Thoughts who’s creative and loves to enjoy life and make new friends. She loves how many new friends she’s made in the blogosphere, if you want to be one of them……you know what to do!
Of course, the Sunshine Slogger Award isn’t an official award, but it’s a fun way of spreading motivation and inspiration. If you’d like to get involved – and why wouldn’t you? – consider yourself nominated. Please answer at least one of the sets of questions below.
Rising Star’s Questions
1. If you could go anywhere you wanted, where would you go?
Of course, at the moment and probably for the next couple of month or so, none of us can go anywhere. But we can indulge in some virtual travel. Indeed, I’m going to be revisiting and updating my Bucket List and planning a few itineraries for potential future trips. I enjoy the planning almost as much as the trip itself.
2. What is your favorite season?
Summer, although it does depend on where you are. Last year we visited Queensland in our summer, their winter which turned out to be just perfect. Similarly, we’ve visited Melbourne and Adelaide in our winter, their summer which was equally splendid.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
See my response to 1. above.
4. What inspires you to write?
I write about my daily life: nothing deep, controversial or thought-provoking. I’m inspired by the every day.
5. How often do you write?
Whenever I can, I try to write daily.
6. What is your favorite time of day to be creative?
Anytime of the day or night suits.
1. What is your favourite day of the week and why?
When you work from home for a global client base, the days tend to be quite similar. There isn’t a clear divide between the working week and the week-end. When asked, I usually say Monday as it’s the start of a new week.
2. Would you prefer to be a superhero or super villain?
Definitely a super hero like Wonder Woman in her kick arse outfit.
3. What is on your favourite sandwich?
4. Do you speak a second language? If no, would you like to learn one?
I speak English (mother-tongue), French, German, Italian and some Spanish. I’d certainly like to improve my Spanish and now’s a good time to do some more studying.
5. When was the last time you went to the zoo?
I’m generally not a big fan of zoos. The last time I visited one was a corporate trip to Zurich zoo in 2003.
6. Do you want to be famous?
7. Would you rather have vegetables or fruit?
Vegetables every time. I certainly eat more than my 5-a-day.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
See my answer to 1. in the set of questions above.
9. What is your favourite art medium?
This gave me some pause for thought but probably paintings.
10. Why did you start blogging?
Because I could.
11. What advice do you have for new bloggers?
1. What would be your dream life like?
It’s certainly not one in lock-down. I was more than content with my life before. Goodness know what life after Corona is going to be like.
2. Have you ever got stuck in a rain storm anywhere? What did you do during it?
I try to stay at home during rain storms though I have gotten caught out while riding my bike and I just head for home.
3. If, you could pick one author you wish you could be. Who would that be and why?
I’ve never wanted to write a book or be an author, though I have edited a couple of books. If I had to pick someone I’d pick one who’s been hugely successful, say J K Rowling, even though I’ve never read any of her books.
4. Would you rather watch the waves of the ocean come in and out or watch a valley from high above?
My apartment overlooks the sea. I could spend all day looking at my view. Sadly, I’m too far away to hear the rolling waves.
5. What’s your favourite movie to watch? And why?
I’m not big on favourites as I find it hard to whittle down a massive number of possibilities. I usually say The Shawshank Redemption but I could’ve easily said any of the Toy Story movies – I love animation – Thelma & Louise, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid – showing my age there!
6. If you could live in any century which one would you choose?
Quite happy with this one, thank you, albeit not at the moment.
7. What would you rather have for a pet: a talking parrot or a ferret?
To be honest, neither appeals. Though a talking ferret would be hard to ignore.
8. What’s your favourite food that you can not live with out?
My favourite food used to be cheese but I now can’t eat dairy. Although I eat vegan cheese it in no way compares to the real thing. So I guess there’s no food that I cannot live without.
9. Do you believe in God, Jesus Christ and The Holy Ghost? And do they play a large part in your life?
No, No, No and No
10. What makes you keep dreaming up new ideas for writing?
Life and my travels
11. What is number one sport you play?
I’ve played many sports but now I cycle, work-out and do yoga.
If you’ve made it all the way down to here – many congratulations!
Have a great weekend. Sx