The original version of this challenge is the “Vogue 73 Questions Series” where celebrities answer the same 73 questions, many of which you can find on YouTube, some of which are highly amusing. Now the blogosphere has come up with its own version.
Jaycee from Thinking Moon most kindly tagged me for this monumental challenge. I confess I’m a bit nervous about answering so many questions about myself, plus some of the questions feature my bêtes noires (favourites) and appear to be geared for a much younger audience. Oh well, here goes……….I hope you’re sitting comfortably with a cup of coffee, or maybe something stronger, this is a looooooooooooooong one.
1. What’s your usual Starbucks drink?
Not a place I frequent but if I did it would be an Americano or long black.
2. What does your work station look like?
I work from home where I share a massive two-sided desk with my beloved in our office. It’s easy to see which side is mine. Hint: mine’s very neat and tidy.
3. All-time favourite food?
Prior to the dairy ban, it was home-made macaroni cheese that all-time comfort food. Now, it’s Lobster or Oysters.
4. Favourite author?
There are a number I really like such as Evelyn Waugh, Kazuo Ishiguro, Margaret Attwood and Gabriel García Márquez but I don’t really have a favourite.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
It’s just so not for me.
6. What’s your favourite video game?
I have never, ever played any video games. Life’s too short. I already spend enough time in front of my laptop.
7. What’s your guilty pleasure/treat?
Reading in bed.
8. Your favourite movie?
The Shawshank Redemption
9. Favourite book?
I don’t really have one but if pushed I’d say “Manchester United Ruined My Life” by Colin Shindler because it made me laugh so much.
10. Best advice you’ve ever received?
11. Twitter or Instagram?
A bit of both
12. Are you a desktop or a laptop person?
13. What projects are you working on right now?
I’m currently planning for our retirement. My beloved has promised to quit his current role at the end of this year and we’re hoping to slowly and surely slide into full-time retirement.
14. What’s your favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
I did indeed
16. Dream job?
You could say that I lived the dream with a number of interesting and challenging roles and now, in semi-retirement, I just lend my beloved a very big helping hand.
17. Played any sports?
Loads: tennis, squash, hockey, trampolining, lacrosse, swimming, cricket, netball, volley ball, football, cycling
18. Do you have a degree?
British at the moment, soon to be French.
20. What’s your favourite type of blog post to write?
Travel, sport, photographs, recipes and anything that takes my interest.
21. What do you like to collect?
22. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Happy, smart, amusing
23. If you were a rapper, what would your rapper name be?
My mother deliberately chose names which she thought couldn’t be shortened. To annoy me, though she never succeeded, one of my sisters used to call me Shezza, so I’d be Frenchie Shezza.
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
A good looking, much younger man than my beloved husband but that’s our secret, okay?
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
A long bike ride in the open air
26. Sorting House?
Is this a reference to your Hogwarts house? Please note, I’ve never read any of the Harry Potter books or seen any of the movies – way too scary for me.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
I am totally tattoo free and that’s the way it’s going to stay.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
That we chose to go on holiday in February to Dubai before lockdown.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
I’ve learned to really appreciate where I live. Specifically a 27 hectacre Domaine full of interesting places I never knew existed and I’ve lived here for 15 years!
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
My beloved (Officer in Charge of Drinks) made me coffee for breakfast, tea mid-afternoon and I’m hoping for a chilled rose wine later.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Meeting my beloved husband while I was at university.
32. Favourite season?
33. Favourite holiday(s)?
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
To be honest, after giving the matter due thought, there really isn’t one.
35. Do you like surprises?
No, I so don’t like surprises.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
That would be my beloved asking me to marry him six weeks after we started dating. I said yes.
37. What surprise made you cry?
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone?
See 36 above.
39. Do you like muffins?
Not especially, unless they’re ones I’ve made.
40. Do you cook often?
Yes, I adore cooking and cook every day. I have lots of recipes on my blog entitled “The Musette”
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Before having to give up dairy, I was a sucker for my mother’s lemon meringue pie which was legend. Nowadays, I tend to swerve desserts unless it’s fresh fruit or maybe a sorbet.
42. Is there a dessert you dislike?
Delicious looking desserts containing loads of dairy because I can no longer eat them.
43. Cake or pie?
Cake, just so long as it’s vegan.
44. What’s your least favourite food?
I no longer eat meat and have had to up my fish intake. However, I don’t really enjoy fishy tasting fish such as cod, haddock, whiting etc
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
46. It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
Nothing as I’d be fast asleep in bed
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
I’ve taught English language classes to French seniors and teenagers both of which were a lot of fun. How about “Easy Over English with Sheree.”
48. Best animated film?
I absolutely adore animated films but hands down it’s the Toy Story franchise
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
I’m not easily impressed which my beloved will confirm however I’m always impressed when he says something along the lines of “breakfast is ready” and he’s done more than just make coffee.
50. The best thing to do on a first date?
I have absolutely no idea, I’ve been married for over 42 years. On our first date, we went to a football match which is my idea of a heavenly date.
51. The worst thing to do on a first date?
See 50 above
52. What’s the funniest pick-up line a guy could use on a girl?
See 50 above
53. Best comic book character?
I loved The Adventures of Tintin by the Begian cartoonist Georges Prosper Remi, aka Hergé. My favourite character is Captain Archibald Haddock, Tintin’s bestie.
54. What are three things that are always in your handbag.
Money, credit cards and a hankerchief
55. Favourite drink?
56. If you could play a historical figure in a movie who would it be?
57. Kittens or puppies?
Puppies every time
58. Tell me your favourite sushi roll?
I don’t have one
59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
60. What kind of foundation do you use?
I don’t use foundation
61. Blow-dry or air dry?
My hair only gets blow dried at the hairdressers otherwise I just leave it to dry naturally.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
63. Favourite Disney Character?
I really don’t have one except maybe the entire toy cast of Toy Story.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
It’s another Monday in lockdown so I’ll be working, working out, cooking, cleaning and going for a long walk.
65. A movie you laughed the hardest through?
The recent winner of Best Picture at the Oscars made me laugh, a lot.
66. A movie that made you cry?
I’m not easily moved to tears though I suspect as a child I may have cried when Bambi died.
67. If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be?
I cannot hold a single note, no one would ever want to duet with me unless I lip-synced.
68. If your life was a song, what would the title be?
69. What’s your favourite animal?
70. Favourite illustrator?
Again, I find it difficult to choose just one. I’ve always loved Beatrix Potter’s illustrations in her own books and E H Shepherd’s illustrations for The Wind in the Willows and Winnie-the-Pooh.
71. A person you want to have coffee with?
There’s lots of people I’d love to have coffe with but if I had to plump for one it would be Dorothy Parker.
72. What country do you wish to visit?
I’ve already visited a lot of countries and I’d love to revisit Japan and Australia.
73. Best way to decompress?
Sitting on my terrace, with my beloved, watching the sun go down, sipping something long and cool which he’s prepared
Congratulations for getting to the end. Now, just as long as you’ve read the entire post – no cheating and just heading for no 73 – please consider yourself nominated. Go forth and Vogue!