I was invited by Rachael’s Novels to take part in the Mystery Blogger Award and I thought, why not? A big shout out to Rachael for the nomination and don’t forget to head over to her site to check out her novels and give her a follow.
Then, a week or two later, I was most kindly nominated by Mrs Holiman over at God’s Love, again please head over to her lovely blog, check it out and give her a follow too.
Three Things about Myself
Blimey, I’ve done so many awards, and particularly after the Vogue Challenge, I must now be an open book. Here goes and apologies in advance for anything I’ve already told you.
I have an excellent memory, much to my beloved’s chagrin, as a kid I always used to win the party game where you had to recall the items on a tray. If I’ve read it, heard or seen it I’ll most likely be able to remember it. I just have to close my eyes and I can see it in my mind’s eye. This ability does not prevent me from having selective memory loss!
My Best Blogs
I don’t know, you tell me. Is it the ones with the most views? In which case it’s my series of blogs about “Things about France that surprised me…..” such as not sending cards, hypochondria, bread, driving, hamburgers
As is my wont, please pick up the baton of the challenge of this award if you feel so inclined!
Rachael picked a set of questions set by Lydia Potter used for her nominees in her Real Neat Blog Award post, because she thought they were neat, but I’ve already answered these here. So I’ve used the same set she answered.
1. Do you like writing?
Yes, I enjoy writing and rarely suffer from writer’s block.
2. Have you ever written poetry?
No, my younger sister is the family poet laureate. She has an enviable knack for it.
3. Who is your fave author?
There are a number I really like such as Evelyn Waugh, Kazuo Ishiguro, Margaret Attwood and Gabriel García Márquez but I don’t really have a favourite.
4. Poetry or novels?
I prefer reading novels though occasionally enjoy reading poetry.
5. Have you ever written something that you really wish you didn’t?
No, because I’m conscious that anything written down could be viewed by anyone, including an unintended audience.
Mrs Holiman’s Questions
1. What is your favourite bible verse about kindness?
I believe I’ve mentioned my lack of familiarity with the Bible. However, one thing I’ve always tried to abide by is this:-
2. How has your 2020 year been so far?
It started off really well and has now kinda stalled.
3. Who’s a better swimmer batman or superman?
4. What do you love about blogging?
It’s enjoyable and informative
5. What things you like to watch on youtube? Name 3
I don’t really watch anything on YouTube though I do use clips from it to illustrate some of my blogs.
The Award Rules
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award – Okoto Engima
- Answers the five questions you were asked
- Tell the readers three things about yourself
- Nominate ten to twenty bloggers
- Notify the bloggers( tell them you nominated them) by commenting on one of their posts
- Ask your nominees five questions with one weird or funny one
- Share a link to your best posts
Hope you’re having a great weekend. Sx