Well, this award is new one for me! I was kindly invited by by a number of great bloggers to take part. Firstly, Mrs Holliman over at Gods Love. If you don’t already follow Mrs H, please head over to her blog and check it out. You won’t be disappointed. Also, don’t forget to visit Mr H’s blog, he hands out some great advice on nutrition.
I was also nominated by Wild at Heart over at Wild Scared Crazy who’s in her early 20s but scared to let it out and wants you to share your fears and doubts with her.
Then I was nominated by James A Best, an author who spins a mean short story over on his blog. If you don’t already follow him, head on over and give his stories some love.
Finally, I was nominated by young Dragon Warrior (Sophie) over at Den of Dreams who’s a very talented weaver of beautifully illustrated short stories.
These are all great blogs, please check them out and give them some support.
Now, you may be wondering who the hell is Vincent Ehindro? He’s just a guy with the zeal to make people smile. A man after my own heart, particularly in these trying times so please head on over and give him a follow here: https://vincentehindero.wordpress.com.
I usually throw out a blanket invitation, but not this time. Oh no! To qualify for this award you have to spread some sunshine. Make us all smile. Fair dos?
1. What is your favourite vacation spot?
I love cities beside the sea. If I could never travel anywhere ever again, I’d be more than happy to stay where I am, one of the most glorious places on God’s earth (French Riviera). But I also love places such as San Sebastian, Sydney, Biarritz, Barcelona, Melbourne………..which are also beside the sea.
2. What does life mean to you?
How long have you got Mrs H, this is a rather BIG and MEANINGFUL question.
3. Do you like to eat your fries on your burger?
As someone who’s not supposed to eat either fried food or meat, this is rather a moot question. Of course, I love fries, who doesn’t? But I love those thick, triple fried ones that have crispy interiors and fluffy interiors. If I’m going to be naughty, it’s gotta be worth it. Don’t you all just hate flabby, greasy fries?
4. Have you ever been out the country? If so where
I’ve been very fortunate to travel extensively from an early age and have visited many countries: Australia, US, Japan, Singapore, Macau, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Canada, Qatar, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Malta, Andora, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Sardinia, Sicily, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Poland, San Marino, Vatican City, Monaco, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Kitts & Nevis, Antigua, Barbados……….
5. When do you like to take your walks?
I like walking a lot and try to walk most afternoons.
6. Do you like to look at the stars at night?
Sadly, pollution and so much ambient light means it’s difficult to see the stars here in the south of France. However, the air is clearer and there’s much less light in more remote areas, particularly in the mountains, which affords one a spectacular view.
7. Do you have any pets?
No, I have my husband who takes up all my time and attention. He would love a dog, a big dog, but I know who’d end up looking after him or her.
8. Beside blogging what is one of your other hobbies?
9. What has Jesus Christ done for you?
This is a bit of a tricky question. I’m not aware that he’s done anything specifically for me.
10. What inspires you the most?
1. What is your favourite aspect of blogging?
I can write what I want, when I want.
2. What is your favourite social media platform, and why?
I don’t have a favourite. I dabble a little in quite a few.
3. Are you more of an indoors or outdoors person?
Outdoors, but only so long as the sun is shining.
4. Tell me a weird fact about yourself!
I’ve shared so much about myself already on this blog that it’s difficult to think of anything else, weird or otherwise.
5. What is your favourite season?
Any season where the sun shines.
6. What is your favourite memory?
When you get to my age you have so many that it’s well nigh impossible to pick just one.
7. Cats or dogs?
Dogs but I have no intention of ever getting a pet.
8. If you were an only child, would you wish to have siblings?
Of course, I love my two sisters but my younger sister (right) was so annoying as a child that I often wished I’d been an only one.
9. What is your favourite ice-cream flavour?
Anything vegan, particularly coffee.
10. What three wishes would you ask from a genie?
The end of inequality and poverty, good health for all.
1. How do you juggle your blogging time with time at work and family time?
It’s easy when there’s just my beloved husband and me. I blog while he works.
2. What are some of the hobbies you have besides writing?
Cooking, cycling, reading, cross-country skiing, walking
3. Have you or will you publish a book (s)?
No, though I have edited two books and would be happy to edit more.
4. What do you enjoy doing for recreation?
See 2. above
5. What is your favorite genre of music and who are your favorite musicians?
I don’t really have a favourite genre or indeed favourite musicians. I like lots of both. I like to keep an open mind though I do know what I don’t like.
6. Name your favourite authors and why?
I like authors who spin an engrossing story. My favourites are Margaret Attwood, Evelyn Waugh, GabrielGarcía Márquez and Kazuo Ishiguro.
7. What are your favourite sports to watch or play?
MotoGP, tennis, football (soccer), cycling, athletics, skiing, cricket
8. What is your number one time of the year and why?
Summer because the sun shines and I get to spend even more time outdoors.
9. Do you like to grow your own garden?
Since lockdown I have discovered that I don’t have digits of doom, I just need to select the right plants and give them some TLC.
1. Would you consider a creative person? If so, how?
No, not really, I’m more practical than creative.
2. What type of characters do you like to read about?
It’s not really the characters which attract me to a book, its more the storyline or author, unless it’s non-fiction. I like reading about the lives of sporting heroes and those who’ve lead interesting (IMHO) lives.
3. How would you describe the quarantine in a few words?
An unavoidable necessity
4. How would you describe your aesthetics?
Well, we all like to think we have good taste but it’s very subjective. I’m conservative with a bit of a wacky side.
5. When the quarantine ends, what would you do first?
1. Thank the person that nominated you with a link to their blog
2. Post the award photo
3. Post the rules
4. Ask 5-10 questions
5. Nominate 20-30 other bloggers (or more) and notify them.
6. Follow Vincent Ehindero @ vincentehindero.wordpress.com (to qualify for a free blog promotion and shoutout)
I hope you’ve all had a great weekend and many congratulations for reaching the end of this post!