I’ve once again been nominated for The Real Neat Blog Award by some pretty terrific bloggers. Please check out their sites and give them your support:-
Firstly, the gracious and lovely Mrs Holliman who so eloquently expresses her love of Christianity over at God’s Love.
Next, youthful, bubbly Lydia, who’s recently graduated, and who writes about all manner of things on In His Service and Loving It. Lydia and I have bonded over our love of cooking.
Last but not least, recent bloggers and architectural practice Mohsin Sheikh. If buildings are your thing…………and they’re most definitely mine. You now know where to find them.
Are you a relatively new blogger? Do you think your blog is coolish? If you answered “yes” to either one of these questions, guess what? You’ve been nominated. Answer any 7 (your choice) of the questions below.
1. What is your favourite late-night snack?
I try very hard not to eat after 19h but, if I do, it’s probably a bit of dark chocolate.
2. What is your favourite travel spot?
I guess it would be the Basque Country or Australia. Posts about trips to both of these are numerous on my blog.
3. What are 2 of your favourite hobbies?
Cooking and cycling
4. If you were being chased by a lion would you jump in a tree or try to get to your car?
First of all, if I were being chased by a lion, I would be in serious trouble as I’m not the fastest runner. I’d probably opt for whichever was closer. I’m still a dab hand at climbing trees. Just to be on the safe side, I’m not planning on visiting any countries where lions roam wild and free.
5. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
Stille Nacht (Silent Night) sung in the original German.
6. Have you ever wished you could fly? Why?
Mrs H if God had meant us to fly, no one would’ve bothered to invent the flying machine.
7. What is your funniest holiday moment?
As a child, I was rather lively (British understatement). I used to run everyone ragged. While on holiday in the Isle of Wight when I was 18 months old, as a joke my parents put me in an empty waste-paper bin on the wall and turned their backs on me. When they looked around again, I was gone. I had been rescued by another couple staying at the same hotel. My parents (wisely) never did that again!
1. What was/is your favorite school subject?
It was history.
2. How often do you do something really weird that you regret?
Hardly ever! You tend you regret what you’ve not done, rather that what you’ve done.
3. In your opinion, what’s something you do that passes time really well?
4. Meat or veggie pizza?
5. Do you like lizards?
I don’t mind them just so longer as I’m bigger than them.
6. Blue tooth, headphones, or earbuds?
Headphones – I’m old school.
7. What did you do for Easter this year?
Not a lot, we were in lockdown!
1. Name any 3-5 lines or dialogues from books/movies that you found fascinating.
Here’s one from one of my favourite authors, Colombian novelist Gabriel Garcia Marquez, whose legendary opening sentence to 100 Years of Solitude (1967) is:
Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendía was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
2. What type of movies do you watch? any specific director or actor preferences?
I’m rather fond of children’s animation.
3. What is your take about politics?
I rarely discuss politics or religion though I do firmly believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
4. Name three habits you want to share with us.
I am very tidy, I have almost perfect recall, I enjoy solitude.
5. Which will be your go-to place for dinner, once this lockdown ends?
There are loads of local restaurants which I shall visit once they’re (hopefully) open again.
6. Describe your favourite book.
It’s about a Jewish Mancunian who supports Manchester City Football Club during Manchester United’s glory days. Of course, he’d be having the last laugh nowadays.
7. When you joined the WordPress community, what were your thoughts? Did you have any expectations? Was there any specific reason why you chose blogging? (Apart from being passionate about writing).
I wouldn’t call myself passionate about writing. Plus, I had no real thoughts or expectations upon joining WP. I just liked that I could write what I wanted, when I wanted. I still do.
1. Display the blog award logo in your blog.
2. Thank the bloggers who nominated you. Do not forget to link to their blogging website.
3. Answer all the questions they have given you.
4. Nominate 7 to 10 bloggers of your choice.
5. Ask them 7 questions.
Hope you’ve all had a great weekend. Sx