Forgive me for bundling these awards together but I find it’s the best way of responding. Now, that sounds a bit boastful. It’s not. It’s because I generally respond that I receive these nominations. Of course, it would be nice to think that it’s down to my well-crafted posts with their scintillating prose and gorgeous photos but let’s not kid ourselves! I do them because it encourages more interaction among bloggers, particularly newbies. Plus, you know, they’re fun to do!
This time round I was most kindly nominated by three wonderful bloggers: the lovely Wild at Heart over at WildScaredCrazy; the funny and eccentric Shaheshal; and, the wonderful Mrs Holliman. Please take the time to drop by their sites, check out their interesting content and give them a follow.
Are you a relatively new blogger? If so, please consider yourself nominated. Go ahead and tell us more about yourself and answer whichever of the many questions below take your fancy!
Another reason for combining these awards, I’m running out of things to tell you! Apologies in advance for any repetitions.
1. I have three brothers-in-law, but only two sisters.
2. I’ve rather enjoyed lockdown largely because I enjoy my own company and that of my (long suffering) beloved husband. In addition, I’m someone who’s always busy and can always find silver linings to pretty much anything – I make that 5 things!
3. Since lockdown has been slowly lifted in France we’ve been enjoying where we live all over again. It’s been lovely to visit places without any tourists and happily snap away without worrying about getting heads in the way. While the situation isn’t economically viable, I’m going to make the most of this window of opportunity.
4. I’ve been sharing my baking with some of my more vulnerable neighbours. They’ve enjoyed the treats so much one or two have wondered whether they could sign up to a cakes-on-subscription service! We can’t possibly eat all I bake so I’m happy to continue sharing.
5. My beloved and I usually work at a large partners’ desk in the office but, because of all his Zoom calls, he’s been banished to the desk in the lounge. I’m much enjoying having the office to myself and this situation could continue long-term.
6. I haven’t missed watching sport on television as much as I thought I would.
7. We’ve taken an exective decision that any travel from now until the end of next year will only be in France, Italy or Spain, and quite probably none until this September.
8. We’ve not binge-watched any box sets on the television or watched any films, we’ve been too busy.
9. Our succulent garden on the terrace has much benefitted from a spot of TLC. I’m never going to be a “gardener” but I have quite enjoyed the experience of having plants thrive rather than die on me.
10. Lockdown has reminded me to more greatly appreciate what I’ve got rather than what I haven’t.
11. I’m looking forward to a long, hot summer at home.
1. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
My natural inclination is to say lobster. On a trip to New England I famously ate it every day for two weeks but I’m not sure I could manage it ad infinitum. So, let’s go with baked potatoes, with my home-made coleslaw.
2. Who is your favourite author?
I don’t have a favourite, I have a number of favourites such as Evelyn Waugh, Margaret Attwood, Kazuo Ishiguro, Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
3. Who is your hero?
My late father.
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Right where I now live, the Cote d’Azur.
5. What is your biggest fear?
I don’t really have one. I think you fear less as you age. Let’s say the unknown.
6. Do you have any pet peeves?
Not too many minor irritations, but one or two. For example, I dislike it when anyone inconveniences another or shows insufficient consideration.
7. Which meal is your favourite: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
8. What song always gets you out on the dance floor?
Nothing and no one these days gets me on the dancefloor!
9. When you were a kid, did you eat the crusts on your sandwich or not?
I did otherwise my hair would’ve been dead straight. Yes, I bought big time into that FIB!
10. What activity instantly calms you?
Watching waves lap the seashore
11. Ideally, how would you spend your birthday?
With my beloved. Please don’t spoil my birthday by throwing me a surprise party!
1. Is a hotdog a sandwich? Why or why not?
According to the definition: a sandwich is a food typically consisting of vegetables, sliced cheese, fish or meat, placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein bread serves as a container or wrapper for another food type. So, yes, it’s a sandwich!
2. What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?
My memory is stuffed full of useless and ridiculous facts. How about this one? The average human body contains enough fat to make seven bars of soap.
3. What is the funniest joke you know by heart?
I don’t tell jokes. I tell stories in an amusing way.
4. How do you feel about putting broccoli on pizza?
Like pineapple, it has no place on a pizza. Ask any Italian.
5. Who do you know that really reminds you of a character in a TV show or movie?
I can’t say I’ve ever really thought about this. So that would be no one.
6. What are some fun ways to answer everyday questions like “how’s it going” or “what do you do”?
I hate the expression “How’s it going?” and will respond “How’s what going?” To the “What do you do?” question, I’d probably respond “How long have you got?”
7. What is your favourite thing to do when you’re bored?
Here’s the thing, I’m never bored!
8. Do you like to cook?
Is the Pope a Catholic? Of course I love to cook and bake. Check out my posts entitled “The Musette.”
9. If it suddenly started snowing in the summer what would be your reaction?
Snow in summer? We don’t get snow in winter!
10. Would you rather know the history of every object you touched or be able to talk to animals?
Can I not do both? My friends claim that I’m a child and dog whisperer.
11. Would you rather have all traffic lights you approach be green or never have to stand in line again?
I have pretty good traffic light karma so I’d choose not to ever have to queue again.
1. What is your favourite thing to blog about?
All sorts of things, but probably local trips and travel abroad.
2. What would be one thing that you would change that you did in your life?
I would’ve become self-employed and moved to France earlier.
3. Strawberries or Blueberries?
4. What is your favourite food to cook?
I love cooking with vegetables.
5. What does love from GOD mean to you?
Now, Mrs H you know I’m not a believer. Of course, I may be proved wrong but any love’s surely a good thing.
6. What is one of your favourite quotes? Any quote.
I love Dorothy Parker’s sharp, witty tongue, so any of her quotes. Such as:-
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.
If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
7. Hot dogs or Hamburger?
A plant-based hamburger, preferably one I’ve made myself.
8. What is your favourite TV show to watch?
I love travel programmes such as Michael Portillo’s train series.
9. What would you be doing if snow came to your city?
I’d get out my cross-country skis.
10. What is your flavour of cake?
11. What are you thankful for?
Congratulations, you’ve reached the end! Please reward yourself in some way. Hope you had a great week-end. Sx