This is my maiden Authors’ Recognition Award which was most kindly bestowed on me by author James A Best back in May. If you don’t aleady follow James, please head on over to his blog to read about his love of music and some of his excellent short stories. Unlike me, he is a published author.
This Award was created by Beverley at Becoming the Oil and the Wine Blog to support fellow bloggers who have written and published books or who are in the process of writing a book. You are free to write as much as you’d like about your book and/or the reasons why you decided to write one.
There are lots of people in the blogosphere who have written or are in the process of writing books, but I’m not one of them. Nor do I have plans to write one. I have however edited two books for the same author which were interesting and fun experiences.
I first “met” the author Greig Leach when I interviewed him for VeloVoices about his cycling artwork. Greig liked how I’d edited his interview and asked if I’d do the same for his first book which was funded on Kickstarter. I was thrilled!
Book de Tour: Art of 101st Tour de France featured the 2014 Tour which started in the UK and was won by Italian Vincenzo Nibali. But my work didn’t end there, oh no! I had rashly promised to get copies personally autographed by the winner for Greig’s major backers. This did not go smoothly at all, despite my meticulous planning and preparation. Firstly we had postal and then logistical issues. But it all came good in the end. Plus, one copy of the book which had the autographs of many of the participants and jersey winners was auctionned for charity.
Our second collaboration covered the UCI World Road Race Championships held the following year in Greig’s home town of Richmond, Virginia. By now, we were both old hands and this went pretty much as planned. We had hoped to do something similar for the Giro d’Italia but there was little appetite and interest among Greig’s largely US-based audience. I still hope we might work together again.
Greig is a talented artist and you can view his artworks on his website which includes his paintings of major cycling races and his new found passion for stained glass.
Have you recently published a book or are you thinking of writing one? If so, please consider yourself nominated and tell us all about your work. That aside, I’d like to nominate the following bloggers:-
1. Create a new post on your blog using the above logo or create one of your own.
2. Copy and paste the Purpose of the Award and The Rules of the Award on your post.
3. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
4. Include the links to the creator of the Award and the inspirational post: Celebrating and Supporting our fellow writers.
5. Write a brief description of the books you have written or the book you are currently writing.
6. Include a link to your published books or the potential date of publishing.
7. Nominate at least five bloggers who have published a book or who are thinking about writing a book.
8. Support at least one of the bloggers you have nominated by either purchasing one of their books or sharing the links to their books.
9. If a nominee has not written a book share one of their blog posts.