I love that Mel over at Crushed Caramel is pairing all of the participations in The Great Bloggers’ Bake-Off with a song. This was inspired by Jim Adams’ Song Lyric Sunday Challenge, a man after my own heart as he posts the challenges well in advance!
Since Lockdown commenced way back in March in France, my beloved husband and I hve been enjoying weekly musical evenings. Thanks to his subscription to Apple music we’ve been exploring the catalogues of our favourite artists but, more importantly, finding new ones. And, even though lockdown is but a distant memory, we’ve retained these evenings. Hopefully, taking part in this challenge will allow me to uncover some interesting music.
Not unnaturally this week Jim has the food and cooking and eating related prompts of Baking/Bread/Cake/Pie/Picnic which he hopes will suit everyone. Here goes:-
My modest contribution to the Great Bloggers’ Bake-Off was an apple pie layer cake so I thought I needed a song with apples in it and hence chose Beady Eye’s “Second Bite of the Apple.”
Beady Eye (2009 – 2014) were an English rock band formed by former Oasis members Liam Gallagher (vocals), Gem Archer (guitar), Andy Bell (guitar) and Chris Sharrock (drums). The band was created when Oasis’ lead guitarist and primary songwriter Noel Gallagher quit in August 2009, after which the remaining members decided to rename themselves and continue making music. The band only released two studio albums, Different Gear, Still Speeding (2011) and BE (2013). The track above is from the second album and here are those all-important lyrics:-
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.