I was most kindly tagged back in May by Shreya, who’s young enough to be my grand-daughter – now there’s a thought!
Shreya writes for the love of it. Her passion for writing began at the age of five, when she wrote her first book about her sister (which technically was only a few pages long, but for a five year old, it was a full fledged book). Aside from writing, nothing makes her happier than travelling to new places and learning new cultures.
Please check out her blog and give her a follow.
1. Do you prefer writing to speaking?
There are times when it’s more appropriate to respond in writing but in general I prefer to talk to people rather than text or send them emails.
2. Which was your favourite phase in life?
Oh no more favourites! I’ve enjoyed all the phases of my life and I’m not yet done. Who knows, maybe the best is yet to come!
3. If not for “Earth”, what do you think our planet should be called?
This isn’t something I’ve ever given any thought to but a Guns N’ Roses song comes to mind: Appetite for Destruction!
4. What natural phenomena fascinates you the most?
Fascinate is probably the wrong word as I’m interested in all sorts of natural phenomena such as the weather, biological and physical processes, tidal flows and natural disasters. I like to understand their cause and effect.
5. If you were given the opportunity to live in a different time period, which time period would you choose?
Despite my comment in 3 above, I’m quite happy with the current time period. As a woman I have no desire to go back in time. Maybe, I should go forward. What do you all think?
6. If you could make all schools stop teaching one subject, which would it be?
My least favourite subject at school was Home Economics but I don’t think that should be dropped. How about Religious Instruction which only covered Christianity. Instead of stopping it, the syllabus should be widened. But that was such a long time ago, maybe it has?
7. Which word do you think, although sounds easy, is tricky to spell?
When we were kids my Dad used to give us spelling tests on long car journeys. So how about YACHT?
8. Do you think life without social media will be better than life with it?
Social media used correctly has its uses, the problem is when it’s used to intimidate and spread fake news.
9. Describe time in a sentence.
Time is the ongoing and continuous sequence of events that occur in succession.
10. Would the barter system be efficient in our time?
I don’t think the barter system has ever completely gone away, but it does rely on participants in a transaction directly exchanging goods or services that they can provide and need.
11. What do you think is the greatest invention?
If you want to run with this tag, please feel free to answer the above questions. Hope you’ve had a great weekend. Sx