Back in June, Wild at Heart most kindly nominated me for The Original Outstanding Blogger Award. On her blog she claims to be scared to let it out. Although she’s in her early 20s, she’s still a teen at heart, uncertain about anything in her life. But given that life itself is a very uncertain journey, she enjoins us to share our doubts, get over our fears and navigate through this uncertain and mysterious world together. Please go and check out her blog.
Wild at Heart’s Questions
1. What’s the funniest word in the English language?
Mmm, this is a tricky one as there are quite a few. How about snollygoster? This refers to a politician who does or says things for their own personal advancement instead of following their own principles. I wonder who this might be? Yes, BoJo, I’m looking at you and you’re not the only one (sadly)!
2. How do you make yourself sleep when you can’t seem to get to sleep?
This so rarely happens. My head hits the pillow and I’m gone. But if it does, I just think of something really pleasurable……..don’t ask, I’m not going to tell!
3. What are some of the best vacations you’ve had?
How much time have you got? I’ve had some amazing holidays, most of which I’ve written about on my blog. Check out those from my trips to the Basque Country, Australia and many more……………………
4. What’s the craziest video you’ve ever seen?
I’m not someone who watches many videos unless they feature cute puppies or koalas.
5. What’s the worst hairstyle you’ve ever had?
It has to be the late 70s poodle perm. It was so easy to look after but once it started to grow out……..
6. What habit do you have now that you wish you started much earlier?
Doing yoga first thing in the morning.
7. What movie or book do you know the most quotes from?
I don’t quote from books or films. My favourite quotes tend to be those of Dorothy Parker. Here’s a few of my favourites of hers:-
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.
The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
8. What was one of the most interesting concerts you’ve been to?
I’ve been to so many, where do I start? Maybe, it should be one of those artists I’ve seen multiple times such as Bowie or Prince or Lenny Kravitz.
9. What’s the most annoying noise?
My beloved snoring while he’s still awake! Unbelievable but true.
10. What trend are you tired of?
I’m not and never have been a follower of trends. I like to plough my own furrow.
As always, my question remains the same and the nomination is open to all of you outstanding bloggers.
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
This award was created by Colton Beckwith.
I hope you’ve all had an enjoyable weekend. Sx