Once again I’ve bundled three of these awards together as I find it’s the best way of responding. Now, that sounds a bit boastful. It’s not. It’s only because I respond that I receive these nominations. Of course, it would be nice to think that it’s down to my well-crafted posts with their wonderful prose and fabulous photos but let’s not kid ourselves! I do them because it encourages more interaction among bloggers, particularly newbies. Plus, you know, they’re fun to do!
This time round I was most kindly nominated by three wonderful and quite different bloggers: The Real Aktion, Stefania at TYT and, QueridaJ over at The Indigo Show. Please take the time to drop by their sites, check out their interesting content and give them a follow.
Are you a relatively new blogger? If so, please consider yourself nominated. Go ahead and tell us more about yourself and answer whichever of the many questions below take your fancy!
Another reason for combining these awards, I’m fast running out of things to tell you! At this stage, I must be an open book. Apologies in advance for any repetitions.
1. I’ve regarded the pandemic as a rehearsal for life with my beloved in retirement. Fortunately, I think I’m going to be able to manage – just.
2. Travel restrictions during the pandemic have allowed us to fall in love, all over again, with where we live. We’ve tried to have days or half-days out most weeks visiting nearby towns as part of our staycation.
3. Being at home so much has allowed me to develop our terrace garden and do much more cooking.
4. While we’ve not been able to watch any live sport we’ve more recently much enjoyed watching football, cycling and MotoGP on the television.
5. My beloved and I usually work at a large partners’ desk in the office but, because of all his Zoom calls, he’s been banished to the desk in the lounge. I’m much enjoying having the office to myself and this situation could well continue long-term.
6. We’ve introduced Friday Musical Evenings where, thanks to my beloved’s subscription to Apple Music, we’ve been exploring the catalogues of our favourite artists and discovering some new ones. We’ve not had any complaints from the neighbours so they too must enjoy our musical choices.
7. We’re currently considering what will be our first overnight stay in a hotel since you-know-what. Of course, it’s in France and one we’ve stayed in before.
8. We’ve tried to regularly support our favourite restaurants because we don’t want them to disappear.
9. Our picnic set has been pressed into more use this year than ever before.
10. Lockdown has reminded me to more greatly appreciate what I’ve got rather than what I haven’t.
11. Our long, hot summer has continued well into September.
1.What is a really cool place you would like to travel to?
Most of the places I want to visit are ones I’ve already visited. However, recent documentary programmes on India, Cambodia and Vietnam have put them all onto the list though whether we’ll ever get there is a moot point.
2. What kind of music do you like?
I like all sorts of music.
3. What would you do with US$8 Million Dollars?
That’s a very specific amount. I’d look at ways I could give it to people whose need is far greater than mine.
4. Do you play video games?
No, I have never played a single video game. Life’s too short to spend it sitting down, indoors.
5. What, in your personal view, is the top Movie of 2020 so far?
I’ve seen so few movies this year that I’d have to go for Toy Story IV which is probably from last year.
6. How many languages do you know and can speak?
I speak English, French, German, Italian and Spanish but can get by in a few others.
7. Do you like to cook?
I love to cook!
8. What would be an ideal job you would look forward to doing everyday?
Looking after my beloved hubby has turned into a full-time role!
9. Which would you desire most: Supercar? Or Super Fast Motorbike?
Neither! You’re talking to a woman who drives a Smart car and does more kilometres on her bike than in her car.
10. Would you choose Pringles or Tortillas?
Again, neither unless the latter is home-made.
11. What ability would you like most: to breathe underwater, or, to be unaffected by heat?
I’m generally able to withstand heat pretty well but maybe I need to up my game with global warming.
1.What’s your name?
It’s Sheree. I thought this an odd question until I gave it some thought then realised so many bloggers don’t put their names on their blog.
2. Do you like your name?
Yes, I do. I was teased about it as a child but it never bothered me.
3. Where do you live?
I’m very fortunate to live in the south of France.
4. How long have you been writing the blog?
5. Did you practise any sports?
I did play lots of sport and continue to do a few, such as cycling and cross-country skiing.
6. Who’s your favourite actor?
I find favourites difficult but here’s a few: Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, John Malkovich, Tim Robbins
7. What’s the strangest thing you’ve done?
I spent quite sometime thinking about this and even asked my beloved. We couldn’t come up with anything!
8. What would you eliminate from this year?
Racism and not just from this year, for ever.
9. What are you afraid of?
In truth, very little
10. What is your best quality?
My relentless positivity
11. What would you like to change in your behaviour?
I’ve reached that time in my life where I’m perfectly happy with the way I am
12. What animal would you like to be?
See my answer above!
1.If you could travel to a destination you have never been before, what would it be?
See my answer to 1. above in the first set of questions.
2. What is one dish you love to eat but can’t be bothered to cook?
I love cooking so there’s nothing I wouldn’t cook.
3. What is your favourite/often used phrase?
Tout à fait (absolutely)
4. Who was your favourite teacher and why?
It was so long ago and I don’t recall having any favourites.
5. Share a scenic photo/landscape artwork (one you have taken/created or one you have seen on the net) that made you feel happy, thoughtful or amazed.
This is the view from my balcony of which I never tire.
Congratulations, you’ve (finally) reached the end! Sorry it was such a marathon! Please reward yourself in some way. Hope you had a great week-end. Sx