Over the past few months, three wonderful bloggers most kindly nominated me for the Small Joys Tag.
– Mrs Holliman, one of God’s children, who spreads God’s Word over at her blog God’s Love and on YouTube.
– Author, James A Best who shares his stories with us on his blog of the same name.
– The blogger on Life Advice with Me who blogs about her life in general.
Now, you all know what to do. If you’re not familiar with these blogs, head on over there and show them some support.
In the current, very troubling times we need to focus on what we have and hold dear, find those silver linings as the clouds gather above our heads. I’m sure everyone of you could find at least 15 small joys, couldn’t you? Exactly, so why not join in?
Things that bring me Joy
1.Remaining fit and healthy has never been more important. My beloved and I both try to incorporate some exercise into our day. Here’s proof that growing older doesn’t mean growing out of shape!
A lot of women of late have been much excited (understandably) by the above photo of Lenny Kravitz (56) on the front cover of Men’s Health magazine displaying washboard abs.
2. The weather: okay we’ve had some severe storms of late but generally I’m pretty happy with our 300+ days of sunshine per annum even as we head into autumn and winter.
3. Cycling most days on my bike. I just love getting out in the open air, it puts everything into context.
4. My small circle of friends and family with whom I’ve been able to stay in touch, providing one another with all-important support.
5. I have been spending more time in the kitchen much to the delight of afore-mentioned family and friends, and my neighbours.
6. I have discovered that while I don’t have green fingers, neither do I have the feared digits of doom. My succulent garden, all grown from cuttings, is positively thriving along with my herbs and geraniums. Yes, who knew that all you need to make a garden grow is regular love, attention and water!
7. Shorn of any live musical events, thanks to my beloved’s subscription to Apple Music, I have been encouraging him to download artists that I like. This has broadened his horizons and we now spend Friday evenings listening to music.
8. As you know, we’ve been visiting places nearby that we’ve rather overlooked or taken for granted in years’ past. We try and get out and about either at the weekend or, work permitting, during the week at least twice per month and look at places with new eyes. It’s been a lot of fun and reminded us why we love living here.
9. While we don’t watch a lot of television aside from sport, we’ve managed to catch up on a few series and films that we’d missed out on thanks to our VPN service. However, we’ve not binged and limited ourselves to two episodes a night.
10. I’ve gotten into a much better place with my blogging, making more use of my back catalogue of photos and scheduling posts well in advance leaving me more time to read, enjoy and respond to yours.
11. I’m someone who’s always busy. There’s just never enough time in any day to do everything I want to do. However, the pandemic has enabled me to just chill a bit every day which is really rather nice even if it’s only for 10 minutes. It’s good to have some me time as opposed to lots of his time!
12. I’m slowly but surely organising all my photos. I have a pile that need scanning but I’ve had to be pretty ruthless, otherwise……goodness nows how much space I’d use. I’ve already pretty much used my 13.0GB.
13. I would say that I’m an organised person while my beloved most definitely is not one. This has thrown up a few challenges but generally I’ve been able to keep on top of his generated chaos.
14. We may not be able to travel but that hasn’t stopped me from planning for when we can resume. Yes I have been vicariously enjoying planning future vacations.
15. Despite everything, life in general is still pretty wonderful.
Rules and Regulations of this Tag😊😊
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- List fifteen of your small joys.
- Nominate five other blogger friends who bring you joy
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and please, join in. Sx