I was most kindly tagged back in August by Mercy Oluokun, a writer and biologist from Nigeria who is driven by God’s love to share the light of His word to everyone she comes in contact with. Herry Chic Counsels is the name of her blog, please go and check it out.
While most of us are no longer in lockdown, it seemed appropriate to respond to the tag now as the loosening of rules in the summer are being tightened once again to prevent a second wave of the pandemic overwhelming hospitals and their services.
I’m throwing this open to everyone. Let us know what’s happening in your part of the world and how it’s affecting you.
1.Overall, how are you handling the quarantine?
Pretty well! We’ve always worked from home and have taken the opportunity to revisit the area where we live (south of France) and fall in love with it all over again. We’ve only socialised with a restricted circle of friends and have tried as much as possible to support our favourite local shops and restaurants.
2. Have you violated any of the restrictions? If yes, what rule(s) did you break?
No, I haven’t broken any. Why would you?
3. What viral recipes have you tried during the lockdown?
None though I have tried plenty of new recipes many of which are on the blog.
4. What activities have you missed the most during quarantine?
I’ve missed going to watch sport live.
5. Do you wear a mask when you leave the house?
Always, that’s the rules.
6. Are you an essential worker? If yes, what is your job title?
No, but if you asked my beloved husband his answer might be very different!
7. How do you exercise during the lockdown?
During lockdown earlier in the year we walked around the Domaine and rode our home trainers on the terrace. Since lockdown’s been lifted, we’ve ridden our bikes around the area and both worked out at home plus my beloved has been swimming in the Domaine’s 50 metre outdoor pool.
8. Have you subscribed to any new subscription services since the lockdown started?
No, we’ve not even been tempted, though we’ve made more use of our existing ones such as Apple Music.
9. What did/does your daily schedule look like before the pandemic started?
To be honest not a lot has really changed. Get up, do some yoga, go for a ride, shower, eat breakfast, start work, cook lunch, return to my office and continue working, cook dinner…………
10. Do you think that the pandemic is getting better or worse?
It’s hard to tell because of the (mis)information overload. It appears to be better in certain parts of the world and worse in others but I’m not sure if we’re comparing like with like.