Once again I’ve been very fortunate to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by another wonderful blogger, Swetha Sivakumar studying for his B.E in computer science in Chennai, whose blog Business English is helping us to improve our communication skills.
Please head on over to Swetha’s blog, check it out, and give him some further encouragement.
Spread a little sunshine!
Despite the difficulties we’re all currently facing, have you managed to spread some sunshine? If you have, please consider yourself nominated and keep up the good work!
1.Why did you start blogging?
I must have answered this question at least 20 times! I started the blog back in 2009 to inform my sponsors – largely family and friends – on my progress towards obtaining an objective. I never intended to continue but said family and friends asked me to as it was easier for them to keep up with our news from afar. So I did. The blog was originally pretty much all about my life on two wheels but over the years it has morphed into a more lifestyle type of blog.
2. Who/what inspired you towards blogging?
No one though you could say that it was encouragement from family and friends that made me continue.
3. Ever thought of giving up blogging?
I had a major hiatus from 2012-2015 while writing lots of cycling articles for VeloVoices.
4. Except blogging what else are your hobbies?
Cycling, cross-country skiing, cooking, reading, travel, photography
5. What is your aim right now?
I’m going to continue blogging so long as I still enjoy it. It’s an interest not how I earn my crust.
6. Who is your biggest supporter?
I’m fortunate in that I have many followers, a number who’ve been with me for a while. The support and encouragement of the blogging community is much appreciated.
7. How will you describe yourself in one line?
Energetic, positive, curious, self-deprecating, young-at-heart
8. Among all your post which one is your favourite?
I don’t really have a favourite as such though I do enjoy the ones I write about my long-suffering beloved husband.
9. If you had a chance to go back in your life and change something what it would be?
I’d definitely have longer, slimmer legs
10. Who is your most favourite person?
That’s easy, it’s my beloved husband.
11. Who is your favourite blogger?
Much less easy as there are so many great bloggers out there. Let’s just say that if follow you, you’re one of my favourites.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blogging sites.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate upto 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog post.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.