I was most kindly tagged by Mr Holiman back in September. He’s happily married to Mrs Holiman – who also has a blog – and he loves to help others and put a smile on people’s faces. Please do go and check out his blog which, among other things, has some great advice for healthy living.
Now, I’ll be honest, I was a bit surprised to be nominated for this Tag as I’m somewhat of a religious sceptic but if asked to describe myself I would most probably say Christian, so here goes……….
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. ~ John 3:16
And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. ~ Mark 8:34
If you’d like to join in with the tag, please do, all denominations welcome!
1. How old were you when you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour?
I did when I was younger but only because I went to Sunday school with my god-mother quite probably to give my parents a bit of a lie in and a peaceful start to the day. I’m much more sceptical these days.
2. How many times have you been baptized?
Just the once, that’s enough isn’t it?
3. What Bible story or verse puzzles you most?
I’m not sufficiently familiar with the Bible to say.
4. What is something you would like to know about Heaven?
I jokingly tell my beloved husband that when he dies and goes to heaven, he’s going to be sorely disappointed as no one will ever look after him as well as I do. I would like this to be confirmed.
5. Who is the first person you knew on earth that you will look for or you hope will be waiting to greet you at the pearly gates?
6. Why do you think the streets in Heaven are made of gold?
But I don’t, why would they be?
7. What is the ONE burning question you can’t wait to ask Jesus?
If, and it’s a big if in my mind, I get to meet him I’ll ask him about injustice and inequality.
8. Other than Jesus, what person from the Bible are you most interested to meet?
Noah, I’d like to know how he managed to get two of everything in his Ark.
9. What are 3 things you won’t miss about being on earth?
Mr H’s answer was: “The people, racism and violence!” and I’m inclined to agree with him though I will miss some people, just not all of them.
10. What is the best spiritual advice you have ever received?
These pearls of wisdom were both from my Father, a man of few words.
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you
If you can give someone a helping hand, you should.
1.This tag is for any follower of Jesus who wants to do it. If you love Jesus and are a “Whosoever”, you are tagged.