I was most kindly tagged by Mr Holliman of God of Faith back in September. Mr H – as I like to call him – is the loving husband of Mrs.Holliman @GOD’S Love. They’ve been together for over 12 years. Inspired by his wife, Mr H started this second blog – his other one is about food – because he wants to spread the Lord’s word. Mr & Mrs H are a charming couple, the sort you’d love to have as neighbours. So, please check out their blogs and show them some support.
“Behold, I’m standing at the door, knocking. If your heart is open to hear my voice and you open the door within, I will come into you and feast with you, and you will feast with me.” ~ Revelation 3:20
If you’d like to take part, consider yourself tagged. All denominations welcome!
1.Jesus has shown up unannounced at your front door, how long will it take you to answer the door?
Security is very tight in the Domaine, no one turns up unannounced! There are places where it’s safe to leave car and front doors unlocked, the Cote d’Azur is not one of them. I don’t just let anyone across my threshold. I’m assuming he’ll have ID with him. It’s illegal to be out and about in France without any form of ID. Plus, of course, he’ll have his attestation explaining why he’s found it necessary to break Lockdown II rules to visit us.
2. Is there anything you would want to put away or hide before you let Jesus in?
Errh, no! After over two weeks in Lockdown II, the place is spotless.
3. If Jesus looks for your Bible, where will He find it?
I don’t have a bible but my beloved does and it’s in his bedside table.
4. If Jesus asks you to play the last song you listened to, what song will it be?
Rather appropriately, this is the last song I listened to – Lenny Kravitz “Calling All Angels”
5. If Jesus asks you to put on the last TV show, movie, or YouTube video you watched, what will it be?
The MotoGP 2020 season finale from Portugal.
6. It’s dinner time, what restaurant are you taking Jesus to?
Sadly all the restaurants are closed in France during Lockdown II although certain restaurant chains are doing take out. But my reputation is on the line here. As someone who is “never knowingly underprepared” I’d whip up a delicious plant-based meal for him.
7. Do you invite anyone to join you for dinner or do you want to have dinner alone with Jesus?
Obviously, my beloved husband will be joining us.
8. Jesus has never eaten at the restaurant you are at, what do you recommend He order for dinner?
He’ll be tucking in to one of my delicious and nutritious home-made meals. I guarantee, he’ll love it.
9. As you are eating dinner, you look toward the entrance and see the one person who has hurt you the most. What do you do?
There isn’t anyone who has hurt me but, if there were, I certainly wouldn’t invite them in.
10. Before Jesus leaves, do you ask to take a picture with Him on your cell phone?
Absolutely not, I don’t do selfies with anyone, not even Jesus.
Thanks for reading and I hope you had a great weekend. Sx
1.Thank the person who tagged you and include a link to their post
2. Link the original post (The Most Important Guest Tag) and give credit to the creator of this tag (Purple Rose) – The reluctant preacher’s daughter From Purple Rose: “I heard someone talking one day about how people would behave if Jesus showed up at their front door. I thought that would be a good idea for a tag. Good for self–reflection and fun.“
3. Answer the 10 original questions asked by Purple Rose
4. Tag as many people as you like
5. Use the original tag image as the FEATURED image on your post