Back in September I was most kindly nominated for my maiden Beautiful Blogger Award by the lovely Miss B who blogs on a variety of topics in both English and Dutch. Please head over to her blog and show her some support!
I have to nominate 7 beautiful and creative bloggers, a description which just about covers everyone I follow. If you’re so minded, please consider yourself nominated and go ahead…………………..have a go.
7 Random facts about me
It’s hard to remember what I have and haven’t shared at this point so apologies for any duplicates!
1.I’m not finding Lockdown II too difficult thus far, but it’s early days.
2. I have just planted a whole load of bulbs for spring. Never thought I’d ever say that!
3. My beloved husband spends most of his working hours on Zoom and his free time on Zwift. Zzzzzzzzz
4. My two sisters in UK are hoping that their lockdown means they won’t have to spend Christmas with their other half’s family. I sympathise, I only ever want to spend Christmas with my beloved.
5. The shortened cycling and MotoGP seasons will soon come to an end. I’m going to miss watching those sports.
6. I’ve restarted delivering sweet treats and baked goodies to my more vulnerable neighbours.
7. I find lockdown is much easier if I focus on what I have and what I can do, rather than what I haven’t and don’t.
1. Link to the blogger who has nominated you.
2. List 7 random facts about you.
3. Nominate 7 creative, beautiful bloggers and let them know about about the nomination.
Back in August I was most kindly nominated by Rejoy Dey for my maiden Great Achiever Blogger Award. Rejoy is an Indian animal lover who wants to become a zoologist and I sincerely hope he does. Don’t forget to visit his Teenage13 blog and check out his posts. If you’re an animal lover – who isn’t? – you’ll love this!
Many of the awards are lighthearted but this one is intended to tackle some of the big issues which we’re all grappling with globally. If you’d like to join in, please do and answer Rejoy’s questions either in the comments below or in a post of your own.
1.Why does peace matter?
Peace is an essential underpinning of development. Conflict guts economies, wrecks societies and breaks social bonds. It does incredible amounts of damage in ways that makes it hard for countries to recover, to grow, and to thrive.
2. Do you think global warming has impacted you? How? (If not, you’re an alien or even worse a Karen)
Scientific consensus is overwhelming: the planet is getting warmer and humans are to blame. The signs are everywhere, and are more complex than just climbing temperatures. The heat is melting glaciers and sea ice, shifting precipitation patterns plus it’s forcing people and animals to move habitats. We’re all impacted whether we’re aliens, Karens or neither!
(A Karen is slang for an obnoxious, angry, entitled and often rascist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilged position to get her own way or to police other people’s behaviours.)
3. You are the President/Prime Minister of your country. What do you do?
Follow through, to the best of my ability, on the mandate on which I was elected.
4. You can bring back one extinct animal to life. What is it?
Can I save the koala from extinction? Currently listed as vulnerable, the koala is being considered for official listing as endangered after the summer’s bushfire disaster and ongoing habitat destruction on the east coast.
5. You see a new follower on your blog. What is your reaction?
6. What is the thing you do to forget past?
Why on earth would I want to forget the past?
7. What is overthinking to you?
Overthinking = thinking too much, so much that you can’t translate thoughts into actions or positive outcomes thereby creating feeling of stress and anxiety. I don’t and never have suffered from overthinking!
Award Rules & Regulations
1. Thank the person who nominated you, with a link to their blog.2. Make a Post of the Award with a Statement on Concept of PEACE & SAVE ENVIRONMENT as above. And Tag your post with the #greatachiever.3. Mention the rules and regulations.
4. Ask 7 questions of your choice. One of the questions must be about “PEACE” and one about “SAVING ENVIRONMENT”.
5. Nominate at least 7 fellow bloggers or at most 21 bloggers and notify them.
6. Follow @kamalsbloggingcafe (https://kamalsbloggingcafe.wordpress.com) to secure certification as a badge to get a chance of collecting badge of GAMBA WORDPRESS SHINING STAR AWARD for PEACE & SAVE ENVIRONMENT. For more details visit https://kamalsbloggingcafe.wordpress.com/award/.
Many thanks to my dear friend James A Best – Author, who once again has most kindly nominated me for an award. James claims that: “My blog is just meandering thoughts to grab your attention.” But he’s a published author of two books so please check out his blog, you won’t regret it.
You know what, it’s only 5 questions so please respond in the comments section below or in a post of your own, if you’d like to join in!
1.What is your best thing about blogging?
I blog because I can. I like that I can blog about whatever I want, whenever I want.
2. What is your typical day with Covid-19 being here?
TBH it’s not that different to pre-Covid except for the masks, handwashing and keeping one’s distance though, of course, both watching sport live and travelling are off the agenda.
3. Do you like home made vegetable chicken soup?
As a vegan, you lost me at chicken! I do however love home-made vegetable soup and have a pot of it on the stove most weeks.
4. Which of my blog topics would like me to write in my next blog?
I wouldn’t want someone to tell me what to write about on my blog, so I wouldn’t do it to you. It rather flies in the face of what I love about blogging (see 1. aabove)!
5. What is the best mountainous country would you like to visit?
I’ve visited a number of mountanous countries so it would probably be a re-visit to somewhere in Europe where I can cross-country ski.
And, here’s my questions for You
1.Describe your Covid experience using 5 adjectives.
2. What’s the weather like where you live? Is it fall or spring?
3. What, if anything, are you most looking forward to in 2021?
4. What are your plans for the forthcoming Christmas holidays?
5. Who would you like to invite to a dinner party (assuming a maximum of 5 invitees) and why? They can be dead or alive or fictional.
Pesky Award Rules
Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to her/his blog.
Answer their questions.
Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions.
Notify the nominee’s through their blog by visiting and comment on their blog.
List the rules and display the ” Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo.
Once again I’ve been very fortunate to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by another wonderful blogger, Swetha Sivakumar studying for his B.E in computer science in Chennai, whose blog Business English is helping us to improve our communication skills.
Please head on over to Swetha’s blog, check it out, and give him some further encouragement.
Spread a little sunshine!
Despite the difficulties we’re all currently facing, have you managed to spread some sunshine? If you have, please consider yourself nominated and keep up the good work!
1.Why did you start blogging?
I must have answered this question at least 20 times! I started the blog back in 2009 to inform my sponsors – largely family and friends – on my progress towards obtaining an objective. I never intended to continue but said family and friends asked me to as it was easier for them to keep up with our news from afar. So I did. The blog was originally pretty much all about my life on two wheels but over the years it has morphed into a more lifestyle type of blog.
2. Who/what inspired you towards blogging?
No one though you could say that it was encouragement from family and friends that made me continue.
3. Ever thought of giving up blogging?
I had a major hiatus from 2012-2015 while writing lots of cycling articles for VeloVoices.
Okoto Oke Enigma, whose blog site is www.okotoenigmasblog.com created this Mystery Blogger Award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blogs not only captivate but inspire and motivate. They are some of the best out there, and they deserve all the recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion – the latter’s more me! ♥♥♥
I was most fortunate to be nominated earlier this summer by two different writers whose blogs are amazing and who write from the heart. Please, if you don’t already follow them, head on over and check out their wonderful blogs:-
Once again I’ve bundled three of these awards together as I find it’s the best way of responding. Now, that sounds a bit boastful. It’s not. It’s only because I respond that I receive these nominations. Of course, it would be nice to think that it’s down to my well-crafted posts with their wonderful prose and fabulous photos but let’s not kid ourselves! I do them because it encourages more interaction among bloggers, particularly newbies. Plus, you know, they’re fun to do!
This time round I was most kindly nominated by three wonderful and quite different bloggers: The Real Aktion, Stefania at TYT and, QueridaJ over at The Indigo Show. Please take the time to drop by their sites, check out their interesting content and give them a follow.
Are you a relatively new blogger? If so, please consider yourself nominated. Go ahead and tell us more about yourself and answer whichever of the many questions below take your fancy!
11 Facts about me
Another reason for combining these awards, I’m fast running out of things to tell you! At this stage, I must be an open book. Apologies in advance for any repetitions.
1. I’ve regarded the pandemic as a rehearsal for life with my beloved in retirement. Fortunately, I think I’m going to be able to manage – just.
2. Travel restrictions during the pandemic have allowed us to fall in love, all over again, with where we live. We’ve tried to have days or half-days out most weeks visiting nearby towns as part of our staycation.
3. Being at home so much has allowed me to develop our terrace garden and do much more cooking.
4. While we’ve not been able to watch any live sport we’ve more recently much enjoyed watching football, cycling and MotoGP on the television.
5. My beloved and I usually work at a large partners’ desk in the office but, because of all his Zoom calls, he’s been banished to the desk in the lounge. I’m much enjoying having the office to myself and this situation could well continue long-term.
6. We’ve introduced Friday Musical Evenings where, thanks to my beloved’s subscription to Apple Music, we’ve been exploring the catalogues of our favourite artists and discovering some new ones. We’ve not had any complaints from the neighbours so they too must enjoy our musical choices.
7. We’re currently considering what will be our first overnight stay in a hotel since you-know-what. Of course, it’s in France and one we’ve stayed in before.
8. We’ve tried to regularly support our favourite restaurants because we don’t want them to disappear.
9. Our picnic set has been pressed into more use this year than ever before.
10. Lockdown has reminded me to more greatly appreciate what I’ve got rather than what I haven’t.
11. Our long, hot summer has continued well into September.
1.What is a really cool place you would like to travel to?
Most of the places I want to visit are ones I’ve already visited. However, recent documentary programmes on India, Cambodia and Vietnam have put them all onto the list though whether we’ll ever get there is a moot point.
2. What kind of music do you like?
I like all sorts of music.
3. What would you do with US$8 Million Dollars?
That’s a very specific amount. I’d look at ways I could give it to people whose need is far greater than mine.
4. Do you play video games?
No, I have never played a single video game. Life’s too short to spend it sitting down, indoors.
5. What, in your personal view, is the top Movie of 2020 so far?
I’ve seen so few movies this year that I’d have to go for Toy Story IV which is probably from last year.
6. How many languages do you know and can speak?
I speak English, French, German, Italian and Spanish but can get by in a few others.
7. Do you like to cook?
I love to cook!
8. What would be an ideal job you would look forward to doing everyday?
Looking after my beloved hubby has turned into a full-time role!
9. Which would you desire most: Supercar? Or Super Fast Motorbike?
Neither! You’re talking to a woman who drives a Smart car and does more kilometres on her bike than in her car.
10. Would you choose Pringles or Tortillas?
Again, neither unless the latter is home-made.
11. What ability would you like most: to breathe underwater, or, to be unaffected by heat?
I’m generally able to withstand heat pretty well but maybe I need to up my game with global warming.
1.What’s your name?
It’s Sheree. I thought this an odd question until I gave it some thought then realised so many bloggers don’t put their names on their blog.
2. Do you like your name?
Yes, I do. I was teased about it as a child but it never bothered me.
3. Where do you live?
I’m very fortunate to live in the south of France.
4. How long have you been writing the blog?
5. Did you practise any sports?
I did play lots of sport and continue to do a few, such as cycling and cross-country skiing.
6. Who’s your favourite actor?
I find favourites difficult but here’s a few: Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, John Malkovich, Tim Robbins
7. What’s the strangest thing you’ve done?
I spent quite sometime thinking about this and even asked my beloved. We couldn’t come up with anything!
8. What would you eliminate from this year?
Racism and not just from this year, for ever.
9. What are you afraid of?
In truth, very little
10. What is your best quality?
My relentless positivity
11. What would you like to change in your behaviour?
I’ve reached that time in my life where I’m perfectly happy with the way I am
12. What animal would you like to be?
See my answer above!
Querida J’s Questions
1.If you could travel to a destination you have never been before, what would it be?
See my answer to 1. above in the first set of questions.
2. What is one dish you love to eat but can’t be bothered to cook?
I love cooking so there’s nothing I wouldn’t cook.
3. What is your favourite/often used phrase?
Tout à fait (absolutely)
4. Who was your favourite teacher and why?
It was so long ago and I don’t recall having any favourites.
5. Share a scenic photo/landscape artwork (one you have taken/created or one you have seen on the net) that made you feel happy, thoughtful or amazed.
This is the view from my balcony of which I never tire.
Thank the blogger who nominated you, and give a link to the blog
Answer the 11 questions given to you
Share 11 facts about yourself
Nominate between 5-11 other bloggers.
Ask your nominees 11 questions
Notify your nominees once you’ve uploaded your post
Congratulations, you’ve (finally) reached the end! Sorry it was such a marathon! Please reward yourself in some way. Hope you had a great week-end. Sx
Back in June, Wild at Heart most kindly nominated me for The Original Outstanding Blogger Award. On her blog she claims to be scared to let it out. Although she’s in her early 20s, she’s still a teen at heart, uncertain about anything in her life. But given that life itself is a very uncertain journey, she enjoins us to share our doubts, get over our fears and navigate through this uncertain and mysterious world together. Please go and check out her blog.
Wild at Heart’s Questions
1. What’s the funniest word in the English language?
Mmm, this is a tricky one as there are quite a few. How about snollygoster? This refers to a politician who does or says things for their own personal advancement instead of following their own principles. I wonder who this might be? Yes, BoJo, I’m looking at you and you’re not the only one (sadly)!
2. How do you make yourself sleep when you can’t seem to get to sleep?
This so rarely happens. My head hits the pillow and I’m gone. But if it does, I just think of something really pleasurable……..don’t ask, I’m not going to tell!
3. What are some of the best vacations you’ve had?
How much time have you got? I’ve had some amazing holidays, most of which I’ve written about on my blog. Check out those from my trips to the Basque Country, Australia and many more……………………
4. What’s the craziest video you’ve ever seen?
I’m not someone who watches many videos unless they feature cute puppies or koalas.
5. What’s the worst hairstyle you’ve ever had?
It has to be the late 70s poodle perm. It was so easy to look after but once it started to grow out……..
6. What habit do you have now that you wish you started much earlier?
Doing yoga first thing in the morning.
7. What movie or book do you know the most quotes from?
I don’t quote from books or films. My favourite quotes tend to be those of Dorothy Parker. Here’s a few of my favourites of hers:-
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.
The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
8. What was one of the most interesting concerts you’ve been to?
I’ve been to so many, where do I start? Maybe, it should be one of those artists I’ve seen multiple times such as Bowie or Prince or Lenny Kravitz.
9. What’s the most annoying noise?
My beloved snoring while he’s still awake! Unbelievable but true.
10. What trend are you tired of?
I’m not and never have been a follower of trends. I like to plough my own furrow.
As always, my question remains the same and the nomination is open to all of you outstanding bloggers.
Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
Answer the questions provided.
Create 7 unique questions.
Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
It might take me a while but I eventually get around to completing all my nominations. A case in point, my dear friend James A. Best – Author most kindly nominated me for this award in mid-June.
The Kennedy Award of Excellence is a registered award of excellence for blogs through their writing, presentation and objectives. It fosters human values; promoting intellectual emotional, and moral growth of peers.
I’m assuming the award is referencing the late John F Kennedy who said:
The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence.
Physical Fitness is the basis for all other forms of excellence.
It’s hard to argue with either of those quotes!
A huge shout out and thank you to James for thinking of me, I’m most grateful. If you haven’t checked out his blog, you really should. A published author of two books A Walk in Time and The Haunting of Marcasite, he uses his blog mainly for his imaginative short stories. He also writes about music, inspired by his parents’ collection of 78s. So, head along there and give him some more support.
My Nominees For The Kennedy Award of Excellence
These are all blogs that I’ve followed for sometime and sadly are some of the many who no longer appear in my Reader timeline for reasons unbeknown to me, them or WP! Please answer the same questions posed by James.
I started back in 2009, ostensibly seeing it as a way of keeping sponsors up-to-date with my progress towards achieving an objective. I initially saw it as a short-term project but family and friends found it useful to keep abreast of our goings on in France, so I carried on…………..albeit with a bit of a hiatus when I started writing for VeloVoices.
2. What is your blogging objective?
It’s a useful way to record what we’re doing. If others read it and/or are informed or amused, so much the better.
3. What motivated you to start blogging?
Aside from my initial objective in 1. above, I carried on because I enjoyed it.
4. Do you see blogging as a long-term goal?
I intend carrying on for as long as I can but don’t see it as a way to earn money.
5. Is there a specific topic you enjoy?
I only write about things I enjoy!
Hope you all had a great weekend and I’m looking forward to reading all your blog posts! Sx
The recipient must thank the person who nominated them.
The recipient should post a photo of the Award on their blog.
The recipient may nominate as many blogs for this Award (minimum five), but only after careful thought.
The recipient must answer questions from the nominee.
Back in June – doesn’t time fly? – I was most kindly nominated for the Amazing Follower Award by the wonderful Mrs Holiman who spread’s God’s word over at God’s Love. Please check out her blog and show her some love and support.
About the Award
You don’t have to be perfect to be amazing.
Are you a successful blogger? Have you worked hard at making your blog a success? Are there people in the blogging community who make you smile? Who are they?
This award will be given to the amazing people who are there in all your highs and lows. We learn so much from each other. In the same spirit…this award is a small token of love and gratitude to all the people who have been so supportive!
In some ways this award is quite ironic. I’m meant to name those who have been supportive of my blog. But, as I recently explained, the WP gremlins have dealt me a bitter blow, one which their Happiness Engineers are unable to resolve. Yes, the posts of some of my most loyal followers, whose blogs I also follow, no longer appear in my timeline. So far I’ve identified over 50, but I’m sure there are more. In some cases, there’s a double blow as my posts no longer appear in their timelines. Go figure?
I try to get around the problem by looking their blogs up via Mr Google but often WP will allow to “Like” but not comment or vice versa! I know one or two bloggers who have had enough. I’m going to plough on and hope that WP get their act in order. Otherwise I may be making up another Award, one not quite so complimentary for all the bloggers toiling with WP’s indifference!
Mrs H’s Questions
1. How does my blog inspire you?
Sorry but I’m inspired by life, not other people’s blogs. If I follow your blog it’s because you write about things which are of interest to me.
2. Your favourite post from my blog?
I don’t have favourites, I follow far too many blogs.
3. Anything you want me to write about in my blog?
No, it’s your blog. You should write about what you love and know, your passions not mine.
4. Why did you start blogging? Was there one idea that clicked to help you start?
I started my blog to keep sponsors informed of my progress towards a goal but carried on afterwards because I enjoyed it.
5. Would you like to write for a living?
No, I would not.
6. Would you like to write television shows /movies?
See 5 above
7. Your hobbies during this pandemic……
My hobbies during the pandemic are the same ones I had before: cycling, cooking, travelling, yoga, photography, reading
8. The most recent book you read or are reading?
I’m reading a bunch of cookery books.
Put the award logo on your blog post.
Answer the 8 questions asked by the person who nominated you. Also, provide a link to their blog.
Tell us why you like their blog. How has it inspired you?
Nominate around 8 other amazing people who have supported you every step of the way.
A few months ago I was nominated for The Penable Award by some fantastic bloggers, as follows:-
Three Latvians, Aiva, Ericeira and Valters, currently living in Sligo on Ireland’s West Coast, together make up Our Crossings. The trio met many years ago and created the travel blog to log their outdoor adventures, failures and triumphs. They’ve visited over 30 countries and 90+ cities, many of them several times, and hence are veritable fountains of knowledge.
Writer Laleh Chini whose book Climbing Over Grit is a Canada Book Award Winner. Her blog A Voice from Iran is all about sharing stories from Iran and all around the world, Iranian history, culture, myths, and legends. She likes to share things that interest her, what it was like to grow up in Iran in the early 20th century, as well as what it’s like to live in Iran.
Lastly, Wild at Heart a slightly crazy 20 something year old who shares her navigation through this uncertain and mysterious world with us on her blog Wild Scared Crazy.
Now, please check out their blogs and give them some further encouragement.
The Penable Award and Nominees
Wild at Heart advises that this particular award is given to really special people with incredible writing skills such as authors, poets, story writers, inspiring people or those with just a great blog.
If you fall into one of the above categories, why not give this award a go. Tell us more about those writing skills and answer any three questions from the six below.
My writing talent
After spending years of writing reports, largely financial, it’s now with some relief that I can write about anything I like. What started as a blog about my cycling has morphed into one that covers all of my interests: sport, cookery, photography, travel, architecture, art and life with my beloved husband of over 40 years. I hope to inform and amuse!
Our Crossings sadly deleted their award posts before I had gotten around to responding! But here are the questions from the other two bloggers:-
1. Where would your next travel destination be?
During the pandemic I’m much enjoying a staycation which is pretty easy given I live in a lovely part of God’s earth, the French Riviera. Next year, I’m hoping to go a bit further afield and satisfy a long held ambition to undertake a tour around Italy and Sicily. With any luck, I’ll also visit the Basque Country, but nothing further afield.
2. Which season is your favourite?
Summer’s my favourite although I love living here all year round.
3. What colour gives you peace?
I find green a very calming colour providing it’s not too vivid.
Wild at Heart’s questions
1. Where do you find freedom?
I’ve probably filed it under “F.” I jest. Freedom generally means the ability to act or change without constraint. I have that, I don’t need to go looking for it.
2. What’s your favourite genre of books?
TBH it depends on my mood. I love reading cookery books, about historical events, thrillers, biographies, books about sport, books about architecture, great stories, poetry………..
3. How do you feel when you sit down each day to write?
I don’t write every day – thank heavens for scheduling! However, when I do sit down, I enjoy the process of writing (and editing).
The Rules (if you receive this award)
1. Tag your post with the #penableaward
2. Display the Penable award logo (above) on your post and follow Penable if you haven’t already
3. Thank the person that nominated you
4. Tell us what your writing talent is
5. Answer three questions that you have been asked
6. Nominate three inspiring people for this award.
7. Let them know of their nomination by commenting on their most recent post with the news, including the logo in your comments