I was very kindly nominated by Steve and his faithful feline companion Muffin from Steve’s Country for this award: a new one for me! Steve’s blog showcases the beautiful flora and fauna where he lives and regularly features walks, poems and even coffee mornings. Head over to his blog and join in. If you’re lucky you may get to try some of my baked goodies, but you’ll need to be quick!
The Barnabas Award is presented in recognition of the encouragement and inspiration a blogger brings to their readers.
Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog. Think of five bloggers that encourage and inspire you and nominate them. List five things about yourself and answer the questions. Lastly, ask your nominees five questions. Why five? Because it is the number that signifies grace.
Five Things About Myself
1. I’m a very busy retiree who spends an inordinate amount of time clearing up after my husband of 42 years.
2. I love being outdoors either on foot or on my bike. I think this is because I spent so many years working long hours in offices.
3. Cooking is my main form of relaxation. I love cooking for others, the more the merrier.
4. My motto is “Never knowingly unprepared!”
5. I enjoy my own company.
Questions From Steve (and Muffin)
1. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
I don’t really have a favourite but let’s say Monday, as it’s the start of a new week.
2. Is there some place in your own country that you have never seen that you would like to see?
My own country? Okay, I was born in UK and now live in France which I regard as home. I’m slowly working my way around it, but it’s a big, beautiful place and there’s still a lot to see.
3. Do you think you will still be blogging one year from now?
Absolutely! Unless there’s something you all know that I don’t?
4. Other than your own country, what other countries would you like to visit? (no more than 3)
I’ve visited all the countries I want to see but some of these are large countries and there are places I still want to see there. So I’d like to re-visit Australia, Japan and USA.
5. Do you like to encourage other people?
Yes, in my former role I was responsible for a very large team. People might say I managed them but I like to think I mentored them, encouraged them to give of their best. I firmly believe you should have people play to their strengths.
As usual, I’m going to encourage others to take part in the award and pose the same five questions to anyone who wants to join in – go for it!