I’ve once again taken the liberty of combining a number of awards. I’m most fortunate to have been nominated for a Liebster by the following amazing bloggers:-
Jyoti who blogs over at Jyoti’s Corner sharing her youthful thoughts with us all. I’m sure she’ll have done well in her recent exams.
Altair who blogs over at Altair 5G Theatre embracing the wonders of the 21st century. Interestingly, the name means Aiglons (Eagles), the nickname of OGC Nice, my local football team.
Beth who blogs over at Pilgrimage Studio and shares her knowledge of global cultural practices, customs, and traditions for transformation, wellbeing and healing.
So let’s start with the usual reminder. The Liebster Award exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Note Der Liebster is a German not English word meaning sweetheart, beloved person or darling.
Once again, thank you so much to Jyoti, Altair and Beth for kindly nominating me
The Award Rules
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!!
5. Compose 11 questions to ask your nominees.
As you know, I habitually ignore the rules!
Facts about me
It’s not easy trying to find something new to say after a number of these awards, so forgive if I repeat something I’ve mentioned before. I now have a teeny, tiny family, just me and my two sisters. None of us have any children (from choice). I was brought up in the Midlands (UK), studied at Loughboro’ University (East Midlands) where I met my husband. I married while still at university and set up home initially in Leicester, later London. I trained as a chartered accountant and spent most of my working career in Financial Services. I led the team that persuaded the City of London to change its planning laws with regard to tall buildings and gained planning permission for the building commonly known as “The Gherkin.” I moved lock, stock and barrel (thank heavens) to France 15 years ago where my husband and I now run our own consultancy business.
1. Have you ever read the book of Harry Potter or seen the movie of it? If yes, who is your favorite character?
No and no but my favourite character would have been the one played by the late Alan Rickman.
2. If you like a girl/ boy how you would approach him/ her? If you are married then, tell what you would do if you are not married?
I’ve been married (to the same person) for 42 years, goodness knows what I’d do. Probably cook them something. They do say the way to a man’s heart is via his stomach.
3. Your friends find you which type of person?
The person they ring if they need a problem solved or want something done.
4. Do you want to own a dream house or dream car? Choose one!
I already own my dream car (Smart Brabus with double bike carrier) and most people would consider I live in a dream apartment but I’d love a basement, wood-fired oven, library and a bigger kitchen.
5. Do you believe in aliens?
I assume you mean those from out of space? Why not!
6. Why do you follow my blog?
You write about stuff I find interesting. I love the enthusiasm of youth.
7. Why should I follow your blog?
No particular reason, only if you like what I write.
8. Any one thing which you want to eradicate from this world?
Disease, poverty, inequality – oops, that’s three!
9. You are in a new to a place and you do not know the people of that area very well. You went to a restaurant and when you were about to pay bill, you found that you have no money and no phone! What would you do to pay the bill?
This wouldn’t happen to me because I’d have checked beforehand that I had my money and credit cards, though it has happened to my beloved. I’d explain the situation to the restaurant owner/manager, promising to return the following day to pay and, if necessary, I’d leave my ID. (Everyone in France must carry some form of ID).
10. What do you like more sunrise or sunset?
I like them both but sunrise is the dawn of another promising day.
11. Okay, a simple question: suppose you are a police officer. You have a best friend with whom you have spent last 10 years and many good moments. One day, in a mission you got to know that he is a criminal. Would you be able to kill him?
Only in self-defence, if he/she tries to kill me.
1. Do you like the epic register in movies and books?
I’m not sure what you mean by epic, do you mean “Blockbuster”? As someone who’s never seen a Harry Potter, Star Wars or Marvel movie, I guess the answer is “No.”
2 How do you drink your wine?
Always in a glass, necking wine from a bottle is a definite no, no.
3. If you were a temptation, which one would you be?
4. What do you choose between silence and speech?
Silence every time
5. If all humans are liars, when do you tell the truth?
6. Do you like poetry?
7. Would you like to live with an extraordinary artist BUT unbearable?
8. Are you more of a pessimist or optimist?
9. If we save only one thing of our humanity, what would you choose? (the living arts, science, poetry, painting, music, sculpture, monuments, philosophy, etc.)
Tough choice but it would have to be science.
10. Can we succeed in proving his love?
Whose love? Do you mean God’s? I have no idea.
11. If we can actually climb Altair, will you come to see us, all the “Altair” we are?
Again, not sure what you’re getting at with this question. Not too keen on climbing as I don’t like heights.
1. If you could know the absolute and complete truth to one question, what question would you ask?
Is there life after death?
2. How long do you think you would last in a zombie apocalypse?
I had to look this up as I’m not a fan of horror movies nor am I a gamer. It’s “a widespread rise of zombies hostile to human life engages in a general assault on civilisation.” Do zombies eat? If they do, I’d persuade them to let me live with my cookery skills. If not………………………………………….
3. What is something most people learn only after it is too late?
Time is finite
If you’ve managed to read this far congratulations, you’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award. Feel free to answer any of the above questions either in a post of your own or below in the comments.
Have a great week-end!